[IL-Talk] Get Ready for IABS Idol at State Convention!

Glenn III gmoore3rd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 16:38:30 UTC 2023

Hi Everyone.
Can you believe State Convention is nearly a month away?
That means one of so many people's favorite events, IABS Idol is almost
here too.
As in past years, IABS' fundraiser singing competition extravaganza will be
Friday night at State Convention.

This year I'll be taking care of all things Idol, and like in recent years,
if you have a song request, you can send those to me:
by phone or text to 847-899-9801
by email to GMoore3rd at gmail.com
or by replying to this and future IlTalk Posts with about IABS Idol.

When you register and make your $5 entrance payment for IABS Idol, you
automatically get one first song included, so, don't be shy, let me know
what song you'd like to sing, and if you have a particular version or
recording to sing along to, you can also send me the web address, so we can
queue up the file to accompany you.
You can sing additional songs for just $5 more per song.
Registration and payment for entrance and first song ($5) can be made right
through the convention registration form.

The Battle of the Chapters will be near the begining of Idol, and care of
last year's winning chapter, At Large, the theme is songs about snacks.
Chapter presidents, please let me know your chapter's song of choice for
the competition, and because this is to fund the Student chapter, all
chapter board and members participating, please make sure to get your $5
for each song you sing to our Student Treasurer Rachel Newland, if you need
to make additional payments at the event.

We'll have announcements to come including who our Idol judges will be and
prizes for the winners.
I'm looking forward to a great time and I hope you all will join us!

-Glenn Moore
IABS Board member.
-Glenn Moore III