[IL-Talk] Action Requested Chicago Chapter Members: In-Person Public Comment at CTA Board Meeting on Wednesday, May 8th

Dustin Cather cather.dustin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 22:54:26 UTC 2024

Dear NFB of Illinois Chicago Chapter Members,

As part of our ongoing efforts to advocate for improved signage for CTA riders
who are blind and low vision at CTA bus stops, we are seeking your active
participation in providing in-person public comments at the upcoming CTA Board
Meetings. The next meeting will take place on Wednesday, May 8th at 10:00am.

The problem: Bus stop signs for print readers provide information including
the bus number and route, while the Braille signs simply say Bus Stop. We
are looking to have the same information on the signage as CTA print
readers do.

The CTA Board Meetings offer a crucial platform for us to voice our
concerns and advocate for positive changes that will enhance accessibility
for all members of our community. Your input and presence can significantly
impact the decisions made by the board regarding this important issue.

The upcoming CTA Board Meetings are scheduled as follows:

May 8, 2024, at 10:00 AM
June 12, 2024, at 10:00 AM

We encourage members who are willing to speak at these meetings to submit
the provided form below. Your participation will play a vital role in
advancing our efforts towards achieving improved signage at CTA bus stops.

https://www.transitchicago.com/board/publiccommentprocess/

Click on the Short form to fill out to speak at a Board or Committee
meeting and that will download a Word document to fill out. Email the
document to   boardoffice at transitchicago.com

Please contact Dustin Cather at cather.dustin at gmail.com and Michelle Ault
at michtlua at aol.com if you are interested in speaking at any of the
upcoming meetings or if you have any questions regarding the process.

Thank you

Sincerely,
Dustin Cather
2nd Vice President - NFB of Illinois Chicago Chapter