[IL-Talk] Information from the Chicago Board of Elections

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 21:02:17 UTC 2024

Hello All,

I received the below flyer from the Chicago Board of Elections. I am pasting
it in, rather than sending an attachment to the mailing list. As an FYI,
Kira and I were told that there have been improvements to the Chicago Board
of Election website as it is now WCAG compliant. See the information below.

CBOEC_AccessibleVBM_flyer_P2024.pdf

Rv. 01/24

Accessible Voting By Mail

In Chicago

What is Accessible Vote By Mail?

The Accessible Vote By Mail program allows voters with disabilities to read
and

mark their ballots independently to access and mark their ballots through an
online

system, and then print out their ballots and mail in those ballots.

Who is eligible?

Registered voters who are blind, have low vision, or another disability that

prevents you from privately and independently reading, marking, and
verifying

your ballot.

Have a working email address.

Have access to a printer to print your ballot, as this is not an email
voting system.

What happens next?

If you are eligible, you will receive a web link at the email address you
provided,

which you can use to read, mark and verify your ballot.

You will receive an envelope to return your ballot once you print it out.

You must return your printed paper ballot and envelope by Election Day,

March 19, 2024.

If you are interested in the Accessible Vote By Mail option, please apply to
Vote By

Mail online at chicagoelections.gov and choose this option in Step 3. Or you
can

contact the Chicago Board of Elections at ADAaccess at chicagoelections.gov
<mailto:ADAaccess at chicagoelections.gov>  or call

us at 312-269-7906 and we can assist you with signing up.

Please note: this is not an email voting system. The ballots in this program
must be

printed out and returned to the Chicago Election Board in a Ballot Return
Envelope.

CONTACT US AT

ADAaccess at chicagoelections.gov <mailto:ADAaccess at chicagoelections.gov>

or call us at 312-269-7906