[IL-Talk] President Riccobono's notebook for the week of March 25

president at nfbofillinois.org president at nfbofillinois.org
Wed Mar 27 18:19:51 UTC 2024

Critical Actions:

April Presidential Release:

The
<https://nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases>
April Presidential Release is scheduled for Wednesday, April 3, at 8:00
p.m., eastern, live from the Louisiana Center for the Blind. Each
Presidential Release Live includes a question-and-answer session. Please
submit questions early to  <mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org--questions>
cdanielsen at nfb.org. Zoom ID 961 2348 7809.

Final Call for Scholarship Applications:

Deadline approaching: March 31. The National Federation of the Blind
scholarship program helps blind college students reach their educational and
employment goals and so much more-plus each scholarship winner will receive
$8,000. Please encourage students to  <https://scholarships.nfb.org/> apply
for the 2024 scholarship program.

News:

Distinguished Educator of Blind Students:

The deadline to submit nominations for the Distinguished Educator of Blind
Students Award is May 1. The application is available at
<https://nfb.org/programs-services/scholarships-and-awards/distinguished-edu
cator-blind-students-award>
https://nfb.org/programs-services/scholarships-and-awards/distinguished-educ
ator-blind-students-award.

NFB24 Convention Ally Network:

We commit that our 2024 Convention will be a safe space for all blind
people, as well as our friends, families, partners, and allies, and we are
confident that Rosen Hotels & Resorts and the Orlando community join us in
that commitment. The National Federation of the Blind has launched the
Convention Ally Network. The goal of this network is to help facilitate
participation in the convention and support those who feel unsafe because of
laws in the state of Florida. Sign up for the Convention Ally Network if you
are seeking support or if you are interested in being an ally during
convention. Submissions will be confidential, and there will be
pre-training.
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/convention-ally-network>
Learn more and sign up for the Convention Ally Network.

Dates to Keep in Mind:

(all times eastern)

*	March 31: Deadline for  <https://scholarships.nfb.org/> NFB
Scholarship applications
*	April 15: Deadline for
<https://nfb.org/programs-services/scholarships-and-awards/dr-jacob-bolotin-
awards/application-information> Bolotin Award nominations
*	May 1: Deadline for
<https://nfb.org/programs-services/scholarships-and-awards/distinguished-edu
cator-blind-students-award> Distinguished Educator of Blind Children Award
nominations
*	July 3-8: National Convention; Orlando, Florida

Introduction to the Organized Blind Movement

*	Wednesday, May 8, 8:00 p.m.
*	Wednesday, August 7, 8:00 p.m.
*	Wednesday, November 6, 8:00 p.m.

Chapter Presidents Calls

*	Thursday, June 13, and Sunday, June 16, at 8:00 p.m.
*	Thursday, September 12, and Sunday, September 15, at 8:00 p.m.
*	Thursday, December 19, and Sunday, December 22, at 8:00 p.m.

Marilyn Green, President

312-343-8396

 <mailto:president at nfbofillinois.org> president at nfbofillinois.org

 <http://www.nfbofillinois.org> www.nfbofillinois.org

Live the life you want!

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois is a community of members
and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every
day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.