[Jayhawk-chapter] More About Nuts

Susan Tabor souljourner at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 16 02:21:03 UTC 2010

Hey, listers!

I thought of a couple more things about nuts and other stuff. I have a very
strong bias against us packaging our own nuts. Not only should we then label
them in Braille and in print, but there are, I think, public health issues
to be considered. I would not purchase nuts which an organization packages
themselves for health reasons. It's just too risky, I think.

Also our bank account will not let us purchase much initially, so we would
need to re-invest our profits into nuts sales for awhile. But they should
start turning over a profit pretty immediately, I think.

Also do we want to give a bag to each participant at the convention? I could
see if HyVee or some other store would donate reusable shopping bags to us.
A good thing to carry stuff in and strong; no ripping. Also, little
stuffers; the visitors center has pens, etc.; the hospital sometimes has
things like little mini-first-aid kits; I could see if community relations
at KU would donate some of those Jayhawk lapel pins for us. and there might
be others that come to mind.

Just some things to think about. If you want, I could call these places and
if anyone wants to help me that's fine too.

OK; I think that's all! No garauntees though! Lol! Have a good week,
everyone!

Susan