[Jayhawk-chapter] Odds and Ends, Nuts and ...

Susan Tabor souljourner at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 5 02:54:24 UTC 2010

Good evening, Jayhawk chapter:

Please forgive my feeble attempt at humor in the subject line of this email.
I couldn't help it; I'm veeling very punchy tonight.

I'm leaving to visit an aunt and cousin in Virginia on Thursday morning; I'm
going by train. I looked again at my tickets tonight and I'm getting back
late on the night of October 16. This means that I will not be present at my
first meeting as secretary, and I am so sorry! My aunt's health is failing
and I do want to see her while she has the trength and lucidity to interact
and participate day to day. She and my cousin are two of my favorite people;
my sousin is my aunt's primary caregiver and is also in need of some
company. I will ask Rob to record the meeting on the Victor Stream and I'll
write up the minutes when I get home. (No, I'm not going to wiggle out of my
job at the first meeting!)

Now for the nuts. We've just started selling and things are moving slowly.
Instead of turning in an order this week, I will do it on the 18th of
October, a Monday. So please email me your nut orders before the 18th! I've
got a list of orders started! How about you?

This way Rob won't have to deal with it while I'm gone and you have more
time to collect orders and Bob can be sure that the invoice is paid on the
last order so that I can place a new order on the 18th!

Thanks, everyone! I'll see you when I get back!

Thanks, Jim for representing our chapter at the city commission. Several of
us had prior commitments and we appreciate your doing this for us. I hope
all goes well at the River City reading festival too. Hopefully the weather
will be beautiful!

Who knows? I may place a call to you all during the chapter meeting just to
check in!

All the Best,

Susan