[Jayhawk-chapter] River City Reading fest, October 9

James H. "Jim" Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Fri Sep 24 05:31:27 UTC 2010

Hello,
we have expressed much interest in doing this.  here are the
details.  I hope that you will volunteer for times by way of posting
on here.  working for this should be simpler and less demanding than
working at saturday's outreach table.
to be on the safe side I will register the festival and order some
more braille cards and brochures since we could have quite a crowd at
the outreach table.

*I spoke with Sidney this morning, here are the details on the River
City Reading Festival.
October 9th Saturday 9a.m. to 2p.m., we will have a six foot table
and two chairs inside a tent, outside the city library (probably on
the north side).
We cannot ask for donations or fundraise.
however this event is especially aimed at children, youth, and their
parents, to encourage reading.  we can reach many people with
information about Braille and blindness here.
Certainly braille alphabet cards will be popular.  and having a
brailler there would be very good too.
Sidney will put in an hour, and she will also put in an hour's
volunteer time with the organizing group.
I plan to be there too.

this would be one of our Meet the Blind Month Activities.

So, please post on this list if you will volunteer for this
opportunity.  thanks.
jc