[Jayhawk-chapter] Fwd: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] WIA-FLSA Petition to Eliminate SubminimumWages

Susan Tabor souljourner at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 19 23:34:30 UTC 2011

From: jayhawk-chapter-bounces at nfbnet.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:23 PM
To: jayhawk-chapter at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Jayhawk-chapter] Fwd: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] WIA-FLSA Petition

From: "Donna Wood" <donnajwood at cox.net>
Date: July 19, 2011 9:45:06 AM MDT
To: "'Tom Page'" <topage at swbell.net>, "'Leonard Silkey'" <l.silkey at cox.net>,
Subject: FW: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] WIA-FLSA Petition to Eliminate

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbaffiliatepresidents-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:nfbaffiliatepresidents-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Lewis, Anil
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 3:02 PM
To: NFB Affiliate Presidents List
SubminimumWages

My Federation Brothers and Sisters:

I wanted to inform you that our advocacy effort to eliminate subminimum
wages for people with disabilities continues to make an impact.  We have
recently been informed that the hearing to vote on the reauthorization of
the Workforce Investment Act has been postponed until August 3.  This gives
us additional time to work toward the removal of Section 511 from the WIA
reauthorization before the vote.

During our 2011 national convention, we received over 2,000 signatures on
our Petition to Abolish Subminimum Wage Employment.  Many of you were asking
for copies of the petition so that you can get more signatures from members
and friends who were unable to attend the convention.

I have attached the WIA-FLSA Petition as a MS-Word formatted document.  It
is a two page document with a description of the issue and places for
signatures on the first page, and a second page of signature lines.

Please print the first page, along with as many of the second page you feel
you can fill with signatures.  There is no need for you to sign again, if
you already signed the petition at our convention.

Please get as many signatures as possible, and get them to me by August 1.
Mail your signed petitions to the address below.

Mr. Anil Lewis, M.P.A.
Director of Strategic Communications

"Blind Man Driving"

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND