[Jayhawk-chapter] October 9, 2012 - Save The Date

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 1 11:39:19 UTC 2012

Hello Jayhawkers.

Tuesday October 9 at 6:35 pm is when a representative of our proud chapter
appears before the Lawrence City Commission to receive the Meet The Blind
Month and White Cane Safety Day proclamation signed by Mayor Robert J "Bob"
Schumm. City Hall is located at 6 East 6th Street on the East side of
Massachusetts north of 6th. I don't know who Madame president Chikako has in
mind to receive the signed proclamation and to give a short address to the
commission, but I plan on being available for the event.

Proclamations are usually the first order of business on the commission's
agenda, I think after the consent agenda, so we may leave if we wish after
the proclamation ceremony is concluded. I would like to see as many chapter
members be there as possible for a solid show of presence, so I hope to see
you all on the 9th.

Best regards,

Rob Tabor Jayhawk Chapter president