[Jayhawk-chapter] FW: [Home-on-the-range] Going to trial

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 23 17:29:57 UTC 2013

Good afternoon Jayhawk Federationists,

The following is posted on Home On The Range. It is the same info as
yesterday except that I mis-identified the plaintiff and thus the facts of
the case. In short this is a former vocational rehabilitation counselor in
the Wichita office who was dismissed and who has successfully challenged her
dismissal in the state courts of Kansas. There is just one thing wrong. The
state has refused to comply with court orders, thus forcing the plaintiff,
Tina Bruce, to take her cause of action into US District Court. Otherwise,
the situation is the same and we are looking for a show of strength and
presence during the trial, especially on Wednesday the 21st when Donna Wood
testifies as a former rehab services employee and expert witness on
blindness rehabilitation. So far two chapter members including myself are
planning to attend. Hopefully others can join us in this show of support for
Tina and for all blind and disabled Kansans who are involved in the
vocational rehab system, whether as consumers, employees, contractservice
vendors, or taxpaying citizens.

Finally, I have no excuse for mis-identifying the case except that I had had
a nap and was somewhat groggy. Suffice it to say for now that other
important cases are coming down the pike and we'll keep you apprised of
developments as they occur and we have authorization to release information.

Regards to all,

Rob