[Jayhawk-chapter] Minutes From April's Meeting

Cheryl Miller cheributton at live.com
Tue May 7 00:59:05 UTC 2013

Hi Fellow Jayhawkers,

Attached are the minutes from April's meeting. As always, I appreciate any additions that need to be made, as well as any corrections.

I am also pasting them in the body of the email, if you prefer to view them that way.

See you all next meeting.

Cheryl

NFB Kansas Jayhawk Chapter

Meeting Minutes

Date: April 13, 2013

Call to Order: Rob called the April meeting to order at 1:10 p.m.

Introduction of Guests: There were no guests present.

National Presidential Release by Dr. Marc Maurer: Release number 416 recorded on April  2, 2013

Chapter President's Report: Rob first gave us a legislative update, reporting that we now have twenty three co-sponsors in the House bill HR13, the Fair Wages bill. We have one hundred and fourteen co-sponsors in the House for the Space Available legislation. In addition there are twelve co-sponsors on the Senate companion bill.

The state board meeting will be held April 20, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. at Independence, Inc. Everyone is encouraged to attend.

The collaborative strategies seminar is planned for May 2, 2013. It will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Holiday Inn in Lawrence. Buna Dahal will conduct the seminar. The primary purpose of the seminar is to gather voc-rehab counselors and representatives of the business community together

Chapter Vice President's Report: Athena had nothing to report.

Approval of Minutes: The minutes were approved as written.

Chapter Treasurer's Report: Our current balance is $807.44. We have no outstanding debt.

Old Business: There were no matters of old business.

New Business: The first order of business was a discussion concerning the desire of the chapter regarding a social event on a regular basis. After an exchange of ideas, we have tentatively set June 8, 2013 as the date for a bar-b-q at Centennial Park.

Because of potential conflict with graduations, we considered moving our next meeting to a different date. It was decided that for now we will leave the meeting as scheduled, and if after further investigation it is decided that there is a conflict, members will be notified of the specifics of a change.

Knowledge Based Presentation: We enjoyed an awesome presentation by Luther Fuller. He instructed us in the basics of the iPhone. His immense knowledge of and enthusiasm for the iPhone provided us with a valuable educational foundation in the use of the iPhone. Thank you, Luther. You did an outstanding job!

Meeting Adjournment: Rob adjourned our meeting at 2:50 p.m.

Date of Next Meeting: Saturday, May 18, 2013