[Jayhawk-chapter] Meeting Reminder and Agenda

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 13 13:57:12 UTC 2014

Hello Jayhawk Federationists,

The Big 12 Conference men’s basketball tournament is under way and all
appendages in the Jayhawk kingdom are crossed hoping for sweet revenge for
what the Okie State cowboys did to our boys in Stillwater. Should our
Jayhawks survive and advance to the tournamenbt title game on Saturday, , we
hope to have everyone back home or at their favorite sports bar in time to
watch the game after our chapter meeting this Saturday from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
at Independence, Inc.

The agenda as per usual is pasted below and in the attached MS Word file.
Following the agenda is an announcement of an NFB branded polo shirt sales
project by the National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU) which we will
discuss at our meeting. I hope to see you all on Saturday.

Rock chalk Jayhawk KU!!

Best regards,

Rob

NFB of KANSAS JAYHAWK CHAPTER

MEETING AGENDA FOR March 15, 2014

Time:       1:00pm – 3:00pm

Location:        Independence, Inc., 2001 Haskell Avenue, Lawrence, KS

1.       Call to order, welcome and introductions (when guests are present)

2.       Review/modification of meeting agenda

3.       presidential Release No. 426 by Dr. Marc Maurer, NFB National
President

4.       Chapter president’s report

5.       Chapter vice president’s report

6.       Action on January 2014 minutes

7.       Chapter treasurer’s report

8.       Fundraising, update regarding possible 5K Run event, Tim Hornik

9.       Ideas for interim fund-raising projects

10.   NFB banded polo shirt sales project by NAGDU, do we want to
participate as a chapter

11.   Other old business

12.   Other new Business

Adjournment

Next meeting 4/19/2014

[end]

[Announcement begins]

AVAILABLE NOW!

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO WEAR?

          You’ve heard all the adages before: “Dress for success!”;
“Maximize your message!”; “Put your best foot forward!” They are more than
just tired old clichés; they are time-proven facts. The appropriate attire
can boost your confidence and show the world that you are part of an
important team.

          Imagine the impact your Chapter, division,  or Affiliate can make
at educational events, public meetings, and fundraisers if all your members
and supporters are dressed in new, sharp, high quality collared polo shirts!

          The National Association of Guide dog Users (NAGDU) can help you
make that very positive impression.

          Each short-sleeved polo shirt is stitched on the upper left chest
with the National Federation of the Blind logo, including Whozit depicted in
full color, along with a full-color Whozit on the right sleeve! These shirts
can be customized to include the name of your chapter or division and/or
state affiliate at no extra charge! Select a color unique for your chapter,
division, or affiliate  and really stand out in the crowd at state and
national conventions!

          What an immediate and graphic reminder of the exciting opportunity
we have to be proud members of the National Federation of the Blind, the
largest and most dynamic consumer organization of the blind in the world!

          Ordering is easy! Each Chapter submits a prepaid order for shirts
for their membership. Shirts will be shipped to the ordering Chapter in
about 3 weeks. Shirts are available in adult men’s and ladies’ styles sizes
XS to XXXXL. We can process orders for 12 or more shirts, and your cost is
an amazingly low $25 per shirt for sizes XS – XL, $26.50 for XXL, $29.50 for
XXL, and $31.50 for XXXXL. These prices include shipping and handling.
Available shirt colors are White, Black, leaf green, dark green, navy blue,
royal blue, light pink, maroon, red, & soft orange.

          Order right away to ensure you have the shirts before our   2014
National Convention in Orlando from July 1 to July 5! Orders may be placed
an paid for online by visiting
http://www.flairetc.com/collections/nagdu

          Those interested in more information or placing a telephone order
should have a representative contact the National Association of Guide Dog
Users at Info at NAGDU.ORG or call

813-626-2789

Are you interested in other colors, long-sleeved shirts, other styles, caps,
tote bags, or other NFB branded items? Ask for a quote on those too!

###