[Jayhawk-chapter] Jayhawk Chapter Meeting Reminder and Agenda

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 15 00:58:15 UTC 2014

Hello Jayhawk Federationists,

This coming Saturday will find us attending the penultimate chapter meeting
prior to the 2014 state convention. This means it's time to batten down the
ole hatches and make sure we are good to go. From what I've seen so far it
looks like things are nicely falling into place to set the stage for a very
good and exciting convention.

Below and attached is the agenda for our meeting to take place as per usual
at Independence, Inc., 2001 Haskell Avenue here in beautiful (not downtown)
Lawrence. Please take note of our election of officers and have your cash or
checkbook ready to pay annual dues of $12 per member. I look forward to
seeing you all this Saturday at 1:00pm.

Best regards,

Rob Tabor Jayhawk Chapter President NFB of Kansas

(785) 841-3875/L

(785) 865-9959/C

Rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net

NFB of KANSAS JAYHAWK CHAPTER

MEETING AGENDA FOR October 18, 2014

Time:          1:00pm - 3:00pm

Location:    Independence, Inc., 2001 Haskell Avenue, Lawrence, KS

1.     Call to order, welcome and introductions (when guests are present)

2.     Review/modification of meeting agenda

3.     presidential Release No. 432 by Dr. Mark Riccobono, NFB National
President

4.     Chapter president's report

5.     Chapter vice president's report

6.     Approval of September 2014 minutes

7.     Chapter treasurer's report

8.     Meet The Blind Month activities, reflections, insights, suggestions
for improvement (i/d/a)

9.     Continued planning & progress reports for 2014 state convention i/d/a

(a)  Staffing of registration desk

(b) Supplies for hospitality room/suite

(c)  Door prizes

(d) Exhibitors/vendors

(e)  Ideas for fundraisers at State convention i/d/a

(f)   Report on pre-convention Friday seminar

(g)  Mayor's Saturday morning welcome confirmed

(h)  Post banquet entertainment by Ardys Ramberg & Bradford Hoopes

(i)    Financial Assistance for attending State Convention (i/d/a)

10. Election of officers for 2014-15 - Athena

11. Knowledge Base. YouTube video on new NAGDU smartphone app

12. December holiday social at Marisco's confirmed i/d/a

(a)  Minimum attendance to secure party room?

(b) Gift exchange, white elephant, draw names, other options

(c)  Other planning details

13. Other old business

14. Other new Business

Adjournment