[Jayhawk-chapter] Save The Date!

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 11 03:25:09 UTC 2014

Good evening NFB Jayhawkers,

I am proud and excited to announce our presentation is scheduled before the
Lawrence City Commission of a proclamation declaring October 2014 as NFB
Meet The Blind Month and October 15 as White Cane Safety Day. When our name
is called we will give a brief presentation about the activities of the NFB
and Mayor Mike Amyx will read and sign the proclamation which he will then
present to us for our records.

October 7 is the first Tuesday in October and will give us the opportunity
to promote the MTB tabling event in front of the US Bank building at Ninth
and Massachusetts streets. I hope as many of you as possible can come and
give a show of good old fashion Federation solidarity at City Hall. The
meeting will take place in the City Commission meeting room on the first
floor at City Hall, 6 East Sixth Street, which is on the northeast corner of
Sixth and Massachusetts.

I hope you will also take time afterwords for a social celebration at Free
State Brewery at 636 Massachusetts.

Lastly, I hope to see you all at the next Jayhawk chapter meeting at
Independence INc., on September 20 at 1:00 pm.

Best regards,

Rob Tabor _ Jayhawk Chapter President nFB of Kansas

P.S. The proposed MTB and White Cane proclamation document is attached FYI.