[Jayhawk-chapter] An Action Requested

Timothy Hornik timothy.hornik at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 15:43:23 UTC 2015

Rob,

Any idea what legislatures you all have appointments with? Otherwise, my answer is yes.

If possible, can you all also take up the Kansas Able Saving Plan, aka the savings accounts parents can set up for their children with disabilities similar to the education accounts but geared specifically towards things like adaptive devices, housing, and employment outcomes? Senator Ward from Wichita did a purely political move by trying to insert the text of the Medicaid expansion legislation that was shot down before turn around a couple of weeks ago. This action took a very vanilla bill that would have passed easily, and set it back to probably not going to happen this session. Passage of the Kansas Able Savings plan would put Kansas in compliance with the federal legislation signed into law in December. This is not precisely a major issue one way or the other, but still beneficial for the entire disabilities community.

Thank you for your assistance,
Timothy Hornik
Phone: (785) 330-3503
Email: timothy.hornik at gmail.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/timothy-hornik-lmsw/41/78b/304

Questions about blindness, visit my website at:
http://BlindNotAlone.com