[Jayhawk-chapter] Call for 2016 Washington Seminar Delegates

Dustin Disque dustinndexter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 18:55:32 UTC 2015

I want to go

-----Original Message-----
From: Jayhawk-chapter [mailto:jayhawk-chapter-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Rob Tabor via Jayhawk-chapter
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 3:51 PM
To: patslick <patslick at sunflower.com>; Jayhawk Chapter list, Lawrence,
Kansas <jayhawk-chapter at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Rob Tabor <rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Jayhawk-chapter] Call for 2016 Washington Seminar Delegates

Good afternoon Pat and all Kansas NFB colleagues,

I want to assure Pat and everyone else who has not previously attended and
NFB national convention that attending the Washington seminar with financial
backing from the state affiliate does not preclude you from qualifying for a
Jernigan scholarship to the national convention. The Federation has a
long-standing commitment to assist its members and attending the three major
events of the year; The national convention, the state affiliate convention,
and Washington seminar.
Happy Thanksgiving and best regards,
Rob tabor first vice President/legislative Chairman National Federation of
the blind of Kansas

<jayhawk-chapter at nfbnet.org> wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>

>       If you absolutely cannot get anyone else from our local Federation
please consider me for the 800USD grant for the seminar.  As I've said
before, I believe that it would be better for me that I go to the national
convention in July with financial assistance.  Thanks Rob.

> Your Friend,
>

> Pat
>
> Pat M. Slick
> patslick at sunflower.com
> 1110-B Rhode Island Street
> Lawrence, KS 66044-3062  USA
> 01.785.331.2661
> ERIE GO BRA'CH
> KEEP ON DANCING
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Tabor via Jayhawk-chapter"
> <jayhawk-chapter at nfbnet.org>
> <home-on-the-range at nfbnet.org>; "Kansas Jayhawk Chapter list Lawrence"
> <jayhawk-chapter at nfbnet.org>; <kansas-blind-students at nfb.org>

behind us and time to focus on the upcoming 2016 Washington seminar. As it
has from its beginning, the Washington seminar will take place at the
holiday in capital, 550 C St. SW. Washington DC, from January 25 through the
28th.

>> At our pre-convention board meeting your state affiliate board approved
funds to assist people and getting to the Washington seminar. The assistance
level approved by the board will be $900 for students and $800 for all
others on a per person basis. You're very capable NFB staff has negotiated a
reduced room rate of $184 per night +14.5% hotel guest tax. To take
advantage of the reduced room rate one must have ones reservation in by or
before December 21. Needless to say, time is of the essence.

>> If you wish to participate in the 2016 Washington seminar please be sure
to inform your president in a timely manner in order for Tom Page and myself
as project code directors to determine who will receive financial assistance
in attending. I strongly  commend you to contact your chapter or division
president by no later than December 13 to assure your name will be in
consideration for the seminar. If you wait until after the 13th, you will
definitely be on borrowed time. I know this seems rather strict, but it is
because the holiday and capital is being very strict with us in the special
room rate that was provided under contract, and we want to give you plenty
of time to arrange your hotel and transportation.

>> Of course you are welcome to be part of the Kansas delegation if you are
able to come to the seminar and do not need financial assistance. Once the
list of supported delegates has been determined I will post instructions for
obtaining your hotel reservations at the Holiday Inn Capitol. We will also
follow up, as we have in past years, with an informational teleconference
for those who are interested in attending this year or in the future.

>> If we can provide any further information to help you take your
>> decision about attending the Washington seminar, please do not
>> hesitate to reach out to stake president Tom Page or myself. Tom can be
reached by phone at 316-734-4839. His email address is topage at swbell.net You
will find my contact information at the end of this posting.

>> IMHO, even if politics and policy are not your cup of tea, Washington
seminar is a pilgrimage that I think every federationist should embark upon
at least once. I invite you to give it serious thought. Rest assured that
even if you do not make the list of supported delegates for 2016, it doesn't
mean you won't be chosen in future years. As we all contemplate the upcoming
Washington seminar I wish everyone a very joyful Thanksgiving holiday.
>> Best regards,
>> Rob tabor first vice President/legislative chairman national
>> Federation of the blind of Kansas landline: 785-841-3875
>> Mobile: 785-865-9959
>> rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net

Jayhawk-chapter:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/jayhawk-chapter_nfbnet.org/patslick