[Jayhawk-chapter] NFB Jayhawk Pool Winners Announced

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 5 15:12:49 UTC 2016

Greetings to all and congratulations to our 2 winners! The Jayhawk NFB pool
was won handily by Paul Vonhertsenberg who garnered a whopping 316 total
points. Paul achieved his big  win first by making several correct picks in
the Sweet 16 and elite 8 rounds and then topped it off by correctly
predicting Villa Nova to win the national championship.

The incentive referral contest was won by Ron Miller who signed up 10
outside pool participants. This is your second year to win the incentive
prize, so nice going Ron! Both Paul and Ron are the lucky winners each of
$50 gift cards from the Salty Iguana Mexican Restaurant.

The financial gain to chapter treasury will be announced at our April
chapter meeting at the Lawrence Public Library on Saturday, April 16. There
may yet be a few who didn't submit brackets yet may still wish to donate to
the project.

Lastly, I wish to thank everyone who participated in the pool or made a
donation for your support of the work of the local chapter of the National
Federation of the Blind. This has been a crazy and fun tournament to watch
even though the Jayhawks were knocked out by Villa Nova. I have had lots of
fun managing the pool and helping us all to raise a few needed and soon to
be well used dollars for the Jayhawk Chapter.

Best regards,

Rob Tabor | president Jayhawk Chapter

National Federation of the Blind of Kansas