[Jayhawk-chapter] MTBM update

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 30 15:25:09 UTC 2017

Hello fellow Jayhawk Federationists,

First we are on the calendar for the mayors MTBM proclamation ceremony for October 10 at 5:45 PM. In the city commission meeting room on first floor of City Hall, 6 E. six Street. City Hall is located at the north east corner of sixth and Massachusetts. May oral proclamations will be the first thing on the city commission's agenda. I hope you can come and give a show of strong presence for this event. Of course, you are free to stay for the duration of the meeting, or you may leave immediately after the proclamation ceremony has concluded.

Regarding the public screening of the film "Do You Dream In Color," I was informed by Genevieve White at national offices that we need to have a venue, date, and time arranged before the distributor will send us a copy of the DVD. I was advised by a manager at the Cyder Gallery that dates are available during October but we will have to pay $200 per hour to rent the meeting space. The Cyder Gallery doesn't make free meeting space available to nonprofit groups, they are limited to three complementary events per month.

If any of you have made any headway toward researching available dates and venues, kindly post your information to the list so that we can all be in the loop. Thank you everyone for all you do for the Federation. Best regards,
Rob