[Jayhawk-chapter] Very successful first trivia night fundraiser

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 14 16:38:49 UTC 2018

Good morning Jay hawk Federation family,

First, let me say that I am very sorry for those who were unable to attend the trivia night fundraiser last night at Conroy‘s. You certainly missed out on a lot of fun. In addition to the good time that was had by all, we raised a very healthy $400 which is an excellent results for a first time event. For the sake of full disclosure, $100 was generously returned by the cash prize winners, but it all helps chapter treasury just the same. There were six competing teams, and each team was challenged to come up with a creative team name. Prizes were awarded for the winning team on points and for the team with the most creative team name. Both teams, as I mentioned, generously donated their winnings to the Jayhawk chapter, for which I am very deeply grateful.

At our next business meeting in January 2019 we will evaluate this year‘s event and will take a decision on whether we want to do another trivia night for 2019.

The next major Federation event is our state convention in Wichita November 2-4. I hope you are making plans to attend and will get registered and get your hotel room reserved at the hotel at Oldtown Wichita. You may reserve your room by phone at 316-2674 800. I hope to see you there, but if I don’t I will see you at the holiday social at Johnny’s on December 10.
Best regards,
Robert Tabor | president
Jayhawk chapter national Federation of the blind of Kansas
(785) 865-9959