[Jayhawk-Chapter] Christmas party

Tamara Kearney tamara at gatetoserenity.com
Tue Dec 3 23:13:57 UTC 2019

Hi Jayhawk chapter,

It seems that whenever I put something on this email list, it’s bad news. Well, this time is no exception, although the news isn’t as bad as it has been lately.

I got off the phone with Lynda a little while ago, and she is feeling rather overwhelmed about the Christmas party. The scheduling SNAFU has created a problem for Lynda. Her paid help will not be available at the new time to help her prepare. She also has a concert that evening.

I’m wondering if we might want to simplify a little. Perhaps we could go with just having an assortment of hors d’oeuvres, or maybe going to a restaurant like we usually do. We’re not a particularly large group. If we don’t require a separate room, and can avoid the lunch or dinner rush, I’m sure we could reserve a spot. How many of you are planning to attend?

Just some thoughts. Any other ideas? Personally, I’m not too keen on having another Thanks Giving style dinner. I went to three Thanks Giving pot lucks so I was pretty sick of Thanks Giving food before the holiday even arrived.

I was asked to bring place settings, which I am happy to do. Numbers of attendees would be helpful to know so I don’t have gobs of Christmas themed paper goods leftover.

I’m happy to look into making reservations at a restaurant if you want to go that route.

Hope to hear some of your thoughts about this.

Cheers,

Tamara Kearney, CMT
Certified Massage Therapist
Yoga & meditation Instructor