[Jayhawk-Chapter] Jayhawk Chapter Minutes

Tamara Kearney tamara at gatetoserenity.com
Sun Sep 15 04:12:40 UTC 2019

Jayhawk Chapter Minutes
August 12, 2019

Minutes:  May minutes were approved as submitted.

Rob reported that Jim Secor is in hospital. He fell twice. He showed stroke symptoms, but it was not a stroke.

Treasurer’s Report: We have $526.82.

State Report: the State convention will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn on Nov. 1-3 in Salina. A pre-convention tech workshop includes Apple iOS, Android, and navigational systems. The fall issue of Tap Tracks should be out by mid-October. Registration information will be in there.

We will soon be receiving NFB membership medallions

Old Business: Steve came and presented a flyer about Trivia Night. Rob and Renée will meet to iron out the details.

We listened to Presidential Release no. 485.

National Convention Reports: Brendy went to the resolutions committee meeting, performers division, computer science division, and talent show among other convention activities. She reported that she was glad to see a number of college students in attendance from our delegation.

Cheryl reported that the hotel was mammoth, and Food in the hotel was very expensive. A highlight was the night that all the Kansas people got together for pizza. They were able to discuss the resolutions and to chat. Cheryl thanked the affiliate for their financial assistance.

We had a larger delegation than usual–thirty-three from Kansas. The sound was very poor.

Rob worked at the Newsline booth, and some members worked at the Independence market.

Rob mentioned that the state affiliate is considering chartering a bus to go to the next national convention in Houston.

New Business: We discussed upcoming audio described plays. Contact Audio Reader to see if they have free tickets available.

Next meeting it will be time to pay dues and to elect a new slate of officers. Renée and Brendy will work on that.

Next meeting will be moved to the 16th of Sept.

Meeting adjourned at 5:22 pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Tamara Kearney, Secretary