[Jayhawk-Chapter] Kansas affiliate caucus at national convention

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 8 13:44:18 UTC 2021

Greetings Kansas Federation family,

The state affiliate leader ship team invite you to join us tomorrow morning at 10 AM for the state affiliate coccus in conjunction with the 2021 national convention. A 2 hour Time slot has been set aside for each state affiliate to hold a coccus virtually.

Unlike last year, this year‘s caucus will be held on a zoom platform so that we will not have to dramatically increase our call station capacity on our teleconferencing system which is limited to 25 telephone lines under our current plan. if you are not comfortable using the Zoom client software on your PC or on the smart phone app, rest assured that dial-up access will be available for you to dial into the meeting.

I will be convening this year‘s caucus in Lou of our state president Tom Page who will be undergoing reconstructive right knee surgery tomorrow morning at Saint Theresa‘s hospital in Wichita. Please keep Tom in your thoughts as we optimistically hope for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Meanwhile, please study the resolutions which you may find online at nfb.org/resolutions. please study them carefully in order to help us to make an informed decision as to how Kansas should vote if the need arises to revert to the deligate voting system. A meeting invitation will be sent to you later today.

Meanwhile, enjoy the convention, be well, stay hydrated, and will connect with you tomorrow morning at the caucus.

Best regards,
Rob Tabor | first vice president national Federation of the blind of Kansas
(785) 865-9959
Rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net