[Jayhawk-Chapter] Tips and pointers for meetings with Kansas Congress Members

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 7 02:11:36 UTC 2022

Good afternoon Kansas Federation family and friends,

At last the Washington Seminar 2022 is now upon us. In fact, as you probably know, our first congressional meeting will take place even before the official start of this year‘s event. In fact, our first meeting is with the staff of representative Tracy Mann of Kansas first congressional district. Now here are just a few things to remember as we prepare to meet with the six members of the Kansas congressional delegation.

• all meetings are joined with the same Zoom logon and DialUp information.
The zoom  link is
https:://zoom.us/j/98494576771
Zoom ID: 984 9457 6771
• please join the Zoom conference about 15 minutes before the official meeting start time, so we have time to determine who is presenting on which issue.
• your line will be on muted when you join to the call, so please remember to mute yourself when you’re not talking in order to keep background audio to a bare minimum.
• activate your video camera if you can so that we can be seen by the Congress member and staff, since we cannot be there in person. However, feel free to shut off the camera if you have privacy concerns or you are having connection stability problems.
• maximize your room lighting for best visual impact.
• ensure that you’re clothing or anything else in the field of view of your camera is not the same as the background. There must be a contrast between the foreground and background colors or you will not be well seen.

• if you are using a PC or Mac to join to the meeting, be sure to wear a clean shirt or blouse. If instead you are joining the meeting from a smart phone he will probably just be showing your face. In that case just make sure you are wearing a good shirt or blouse anyway in case the camera lens should accidentally zoom downward.
• be well prepared to speak on any of the four bills/proposals just in case the main presenter loses connection or cannot establish a stable one. This will help the meeting move along without stalling out.
• if you are presenting, keep your presentation to a maximum of three (3) minutes.
• do not bluff or take a wild guess if a question is ask who’s answer you do not know. We advise you to defer to Tom Page or myself.

meanwhile, happy studying and I look forward to connecting with you all at about 9:45 AM tomorrow.

Best regards,
Rob Tabor | first vice president/legislative Director national Federation of the blind of Kansas
(785) 865-9959
Rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net