[Jobs] Voc Rehab Program Director Job SSB, Minnesota
Andrews, David B B (DEED)
David.B.Andrews at state.mn.us
Wed Nov 3 15:19:08 CDT 2010
Minnesota State Services for the Blind, SSB, has an opening for the Director of its Workforce Development (Vocational Rehabilitation) Unit.
To learn more about and apply for this position go to the link below. You can also go to http://www.careers.state.mn.us/ and search for the job posting number 10DEED000161.
Here is the job posting:
STATE PROG ADMIN MGR SR , Blind Services
$ 30.13-$ 43.35 hourly, $ 62,911-$ 90,515 annually
Employment & Econ Development Dept
Who May Apply:
Open to all qualified job seekers
Days of Work:
What's Great About This Job:
The mission of State Services for the Blind (SSB) is to facilitate the achievement of vocational and personal independence by Minnesotans who are blind, visually impaired or DeafBlind.
Minnesota State Services for the Blind (SSB) has been serving blind or visually impaired Minnesotans from 1923 when it began providing training to blind adults, to the present, offering a wide range of services leading to jobs and personal independence. State Services for the Blind has a proud history of leadership.
Provide leadership, coordination and management of the WorkForce Development Unit of State Services for the Blind, a partner in the WorkForce Center system. The WorkForce Development Unit provides vocational rehabilitation services on a statewide basis to eligible blind, DeafBlind and visually impaired Minnesotans seeking to obtain, retain, regain or advance in competitive employment. It includes the Business Enterprises Program, a business training and franchising service for blind vendors. This position:
1. Provides the vision for the administration and continuous improvement of the WorkForce Development Unit consistent with law so that blind and visually impaired Minnesotans receive employment related services resulting in competitive employment for customers in an effective and efficient manner.
2. Designs and manages the Unit's annual budget in excess of nine million dollars to provide equitable funding and services throughout the State
3. Leads, directs and supports the Supervisors in the WorkForce Development Unit so that Unit staff is effective and efficient in facilitating employment outcomes with customers.
4. Establishes, directs, manages and nurtures internal and external communication so that customers, staff, partners, stakeholders and the public have access to needed information about services and have the opportunity to provide input for continuous improvement.
5. Develops, implements and analyzes information to continuously improve services provided by the Unit. This includes collaboration with other SSB Units in case review and other quality assurance efforts.
Position includes some traveling within the State of Minnesota (about 25%).
1. Education: Master's degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, Education, Psychology, Public Administration, Business Administration or closely related field;
2. Work Experience: At least three years managerial or advanced supervisory experience in rehabilitation or closely related field (must include supervision of four or more administrative or case management/direct service professional staff); OR four years advanced professional level program specialist/administrative experience in rehabilitation or closely related field.
IN THE JOB SPECIFIC QUESTIONS SECTION OF RESUME BUILDER INCLUDE A DESCRIPTION OF YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE IN EACH OF THE FOLLOWING SIX AREAS:
a. Knowledge of and experience regarding the rehabilitation needs and abilities of blind and visually impaired persons, including the role of vocational rehabilitation in the one-stop (Workforce Center) system; and
b. Knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations governing the provision of rehabilitation services to blind and visually impaired persons;
2. Budget development and fiscal management
3. Managerial, supervisory and related administrative roles and functions. Include here a description of achievements/accomplishments which demonstrate the highest level of:
a. Leadership and initiative; and
b. Problem solving and creativity.
4. Using quality assurance and program evaluation processes to improve organizational performance.
5. Collaborating with a range of groups (e.g. employers, consumer and provider groups and councils) to improve organizational performance.
6. Developing and delivering oral and written presentations to diverse groups of interested parties and stakeholders. NOTE: Your written communication skills will be evaluated, in part, on the overall content and clarity of your application materials.
Your resume should contain sufficient detail regarding job-related education/training, experience and achievements to determine your qualifications. Invitation to interview will be based on an assessment of your qualifications.
Employee reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance. It includes contact with the applicant's former employers.
A Criminal History Check will be conducted on those positions that have access to confidential information and/or private data, handle financial transactions, or enter homes of our clients. Please note that a Criminal History Check will be conducted for finalists in this position.
In addition, when the position requires the applicant to drive a state owned or leased vehicle, a driver's license history check will be conducted.
The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. Your resume will be entered into a database. The software program matches your skills with the skills needed to perform the duties of the position. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
How to Apply:
You are strongly encouraged to submit your resume to the database through the online Resume Builder at <https://statejobs.doer.state.mn.us/ResumeBuilder>. You may copy and paste your existing resume or let the software create a resume for you. You may edit your resume later should your contact information or experience change. The Resume Builder also collects your work preference information so we can match you with this posting and future job openings to which you apply.
To ensure consideration for this position, both new and returning applicants need to apply directly to this posting number by checking the Apply for this job box found near the bottom of this announcement.
Current State Employees: Please note that employment provisions (including but not limited to seniority and leave accrual) vary among the three branches of Minnesota State government. When considering a job with another branch of state government, you are highly encouraged to explore these differences. For assistance, please direct questions to both your current and anticipated Human Resources offices.
If you wish to apply with a paper copy, submit your resume AND a completed State of Minnesota Employment Application form to: Minnesota Management Budget (MMB), 400 Centennial Office Building, 658 Cedar Street, St. Paul, MN 55155. Be sure to indicate the posting number of this job on your application. The paper application is available on the State Employment Web and MMB web sites, at any state agency HR office, or by calling 651-259-3637.
Contact for More Information:
Sue Zeches, 651/259-7107/sue.zeches at state.mn.us.
Chief Technology Officer
State Services for the Blind
2200 University Ave. W.
St. Paul, MN 55114-1840
Cell Phone: 612-730-7931
E-mail: david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jobs