[Jobs] FW: Employment Opportunity-Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind - Transition Teacher, Employability Center
Andrews, David B B (DEED)
david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Thu Apr 7 12:22:27 CDT 2011
From: Instructional Resource Centers for the Blind & Visually Impaired [mailto:IRCBVI at LISTSERV.STATE.SD.US] On Behalf Of Jim Olson
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 4:26 PM
To: IRCBVI at LISTSERV.STATE.SD.US
Subject: Employment Opportunity-Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind - Transition Teacher, Employability Center
I have been asked to distribute the following job announcement from the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind. I have embedded it into the body of this email and have attached it as a Word document. Please feel free to distribute as appropriate. Thank you, Jim
Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind Outreach Programs and Services
Coordinator, Colorado Instructional Materials Center (CIMC)
1015 East High Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903-3559
Office: (719) 578-2195 Toll Free: (800) 765-5951
Fax: (719) 578-2207
Email: jolson at csdb.org
Web: www.csdb.org: click on "programs", "outreach", and "CIMC"
"Learning, Thriving, Leading"
COLORADO SCHOOL for the DEAF and the BLIND
TRANSITION TEACHER, Employability Center
Anticipated Vacancies for the 2011-2012 School Year
The Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind (CSDB) provides children and families statewide with comprehensive, specialized educational services in safe, nurturing environments. We empower learners to become self-determined, independent contributing citizens within their communities.
The Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind (CSDB), located in Colorado Springs at the foot of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, invites you to consider our employment opportunities. Interested persons are invited to visit CSDB's website at ... http://www.csdb.org<http://www.csdb.org/>, where the official job announcement for Program Coordinator, School for the Blind may be found in its entirety, including major duties/responsibilities, under Non-Classified employment. Position is open until filled.
BROAD SCOPE OF POSITION
This position reports to the Program Coordinator, Employability Center, and is responsible for providing standards-based instruction to high school and transition-aged students who are Deaf/hard-of-hearing, blind/visually impaired, and/or Deaf-Blind, and who may have other disabilities. Utilizes Colorado State Standards and benchmarks in establishing transition instructional goals; and provides assessments that measure whether students meet standards, in a safe and civil school environment.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Education, School/Guidance Counseling, or closely related field from an accredited college or university, with specialization in Deaf Education, Vision Education and/or Special Education; must hold or be eligible for appropriate educator license in the State of Colorado.
* Must hold or be eligible for appropriate educator licensure in the State of Colorado, endorsed as a Special Education Specialist: Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing, Special Education Specialist: Visually Impaired, Special Education Generalist, School Counselor, or comparable endorsement.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation / counseling or closely related field from an accredited college or university, or experience which provided the same level of knowledge desired
* Experience teaching / working with young adults with hearing/visual impairments and/or multiple disabilities in an educational or vocational environment.
* If assigned as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) ... ability to demonstrate competency in Braille by the end of the first instructional year, as evidenced by possession of a CDE Certificate of Braille Competency.
* Proficiency, or commitment to work toward proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) at a required skill level as demonstrated through an appropriate assessment tool and according to school policy. Required level is based on assignment; i.e., blind/visually impaired vs. Deaf/HH students).
Terms of Employment: The annual employment contract shall be based on the standard number of working days in the academic year (currently 185, August to June), beginning with the 2011-2012 school year. The base salary shall be established pursuant to the Teacher Salary Schedule, based on appropriate education and experience. Excellent benefits.
Application Instructions: Interested persons are invited to send a formal letter of interest, current resume, completed Employment Application (including salary history and references), recent letters of recommendation, copies of transcripts, and a copy of current educator certification (if applicable) to:
ATTN: Chelle Lutz, Human Resources Office
Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind
33 North Institute Street; Colorado Springs, CO 80903
E-mail: clutz at csdb.org<mailto:clutz at csdb.org>; (719) 578-2114 (phone); (719) 578-2239 (fax)
CSDB is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Transition Teacher2~March 2011.doc
Size: 39936 bytes
Desc: Transition Teacher2~March 2011.doc
More information about the Jobs