[Jobs] FW: Employment Opportunity: Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind-Program Coordinator, School for the Blind
Andrews, David B B (DEED)
david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Thu Apr 7 12:23:00 CDT 2011
From: Instructional Resource Centers for the Blind & Visually Impaired [mailto:IRCBVI at LISTSERV.STATE.SD.US] On Behalf Of Jim Olson
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 4:22 PM
To: IRCBVI at LISTSERV.STATE.SD.US
Subject: Employment Opportunity: Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind-Program Coordinator, School for the Blind
I have been asked to distribute the following job announcement to this listserve. I have embedded it into the body of this email as well as attached it as a Word document. Please feel free to distribute as appropriate. Thank you, Jim
Jim Olson, Coordinator
Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind Outreach Programs and Services
Coordinator, Colorado Instructional Materials Center (CIMC)
Office: (719) 578-2195 / Email: jolson at csdb.org
"Learning, Thriving, Leading"
COLORADO SCHOOL for the DEAF and the BLIND
PROGRAM COORDINATOR, School for the Blind
(TOSA: Teacher on Special Assignment)
The Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind (CSDB) provides children and families statewide with comprehensive, specialized educational services in safe, nurturing environments. We empower learners to become self-determined, independent contributing citizens within their communities.
The Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind (CSDB), located in Colorado Springs at the foot of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, invites you to consider our employment opportunities. Interested persons are invited to visit CSDB's website at ... http://www.csdb.org<http://www.csdb.org/>, where the official job announcement for Program Coordinator, School for the Blind may be found in its entirety, including major duties/responsibilities, under Non-Classified employment. Position is open until filled.
BROAD SCOPE OF POSITION
* Provides leadership to and management of the education programs within the School;
* Responsibility to assist in making determinations related to all positions within the School for the Blind, including management of hiring processes and providing support related to performance evaluation; responsibility to hire, supervise and evaluate paraprofessionals assigned to program; and,
* Responsibility to stay abreast of current educational trends and developments as it relates to promising practices in the education of students who are blind/visually impaired.
* Master's Degree in Vision Education, or related field from an accredited college or university. Must hold or be eligible for appropriate educator licensure in the State of Colorado, endorsed as a Special Education Specialist: Visually Impaired, or comparable endorsement.
* Five (5) years successful experience in the field of Vision Education as a teacher, administrator or similar position; administrative and/or supervisory experience preferred.
* Willingness to pursue appropriate educator licensure in the State of Colorado as a Professional Principal preferred.
* Ability to demonstrate competency in Braille, as evidenced by possession of a CDE Certificate of Braille Competency; it is preferred that competency in Braille be demonstrated by the end of the first instructional year.
Terms of Employment: The annual employment contract shall be based on the standard number of working days in the academic year (currently 185, August to June), and will include additional work days, beginning with the 2011-2012 school year. The base salary shall be established pursuant to the Teacher Salary Schedule, based on appropriate education and experience, and will include an additional stipend. Excellent benefits.
Application Instructions: Interested persons are invited to send a formal letter of interest, current resume, completed Employment Application (including salary history and references), recent letters of recommendation, copies of transcripts, and a copy of current educator certification (if applicable) to:
ATTN: Chelle Lutz, Human Resources Office
Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind
33 North Institute Street; Colorado Springs, CO 80903
E-mail: clutz at csdb.org<mailto:clutz at csdb.org>; (719) 578-2114 (phone); (719) 578-2239 (fax)
ALL INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON-SITE AT
THE COLORADO SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF AND THE BLIND
CSDB is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Program Coordinator~Sch ft Blind2~March 2011.doc
Size: 40448 bytes
Desc: Program Coordinator~Sch ft Blind2~March 2011.doc
More information about the Jobs