[Jobs] Vacancy Announcement -- Rehab Teacher/Dorm Supervisor in New Mexico
Andrews, David B B (DEED)
david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Mon Apr 25 16:42:44 CDT 2011
From: rehab-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:rehab-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Salas, James, CFB
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 4:37 PM
To: 'rehab at nfbnet.org'
Subject: [rehab] Vacancy Announcement -- Rehab Teacher/Dorm Supervisor in New Mexico
We are recruiting for a Rehab Teacher/Dorm Supervisor at our Orientation Center located in Alamogordo, NM. The position is titled Health Educator because the Rehab Teacher job title is not available within State Personnel Office guidelines. This position is responsible for coordinating learning activities in the dorm, as well as supervising dorm staff and managing the dormitory function. A link to the job posting, followed by a copy of the posting, are provided below. The closing date is May 7. Please contact Mr. Adelmo Vigil, Interim Director, Adult Orientation Center, at 575.437.0401, Adelmo.Vigil at state.nm.us, if you would like to discuss the position. Also, please forward this announcement to qualified individuals that might be interested in working at our training center.
Access the NM State Personnel Office job posting at
Deputy Director for VR
NM Commission for the Blind
James.Salas at state.nm.us
New Mexico Commission for the Blind
- Job ID: 25430
- Job Title: Health Educator-A
- Location: Alamogordo
- Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular - PERM
- Recruitment period: April 21 - May 7, 2011
- Pay Grade: 65
- Salary: The salary range for this position is $30,534-$54,308 per year ($14.68-$26.11 per hour). Offered salary will be based on education and experience. This position may be eligible for Supervisory Pay.
- Benefits: Full State of New Mexico benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, retirement, sick leave, annual leave, and holidays.
- Agency Mission & Description: Our mission is to enable persons who are blind to achieve vocational, economic and social equality by providing career preparation, training in the skills of blindness and above all, promoting and conveying the belief that blindness is not a barrier to successful employment, or to living an independent and meaningful life.
- Purpose of Position: This position will provide ongoing vocational rehabilitation student training coordinated with Center classroom curriculum. Supervise dormitory staff and students at the New Mexico Commission for the Blind's Orientation Center in Alamogordo.
- Duties Include: Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
-- Preparing work schedules for dorm staff
-- Purchasing food and other supplies
-- Preparing menus for all student meals
-- Maintaining a safe and clean environment
-- Coordinating CARF accreditation.
- Educational requirements: A Bachelor's Degree in Education, Rehabilitation, Health or Management is required for this position.
Please enter your education level on the Education and Work experience page of the application even when submitting a resume.
- Experience: Five (5) years experience in Supervision, Training, Independent Living Teaching and/or in Special Education is required for this position.
- Employment Requirements: Employment is subject to criminal background check. Employment is conditional pending results of criminal background check.
- Bargaining Unit Position: This position is not covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Working Environment: Work is performed in an office setting in Alamogordo with exposure to Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT) and extensive personal computer and phone usage. Some weekends and evening work is required. Occasional overnight travel required. Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- To Apply for this job: State agency must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
1. Click the [Apply Now] button on the State Personnel Office Website at https://sharehcm.state.nm.us/psc/nmhp89/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=25430&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
2. Please apply by: May 7, 2011
3. Cutting and pasting a resume works best. You may also apply by completing the Work Experience section.
4. There are a series of questions that are different for every job. In order to receive full consideration for all your qualifications, be sure to answer all questions (do not skip any).
5. If you are a veteran or a disabled veteran, be sure to send your DD214 to: NM State Personnel Office, Applicant/Intake Section, 2600 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505. If you receive confirmation of your veteran or disabled veteran status, please reapply for the position and indicate that you received confirmation. You will only need to submit your documents one time.
6. Remember there is no hard copy application. If you submit a resume directly to an agency and don't apply on-line, your application will not include the questionnaire answers for inclusion on the ranked list.
Agency contact for this position is: Kelly Quintana, (505) 476-4456.
Please submit a copy of your resume or application to:
2905 Rodeo Park Drive East, Building 4, Suite 100 Santa Fe, NM 87505 or email to kelly.quintana at state.nm.us.
If you do not receive an e-mail confirmation stating that you have applied successfully, please call the contact for this posting or the SPO Recruitment Bureau at (505) 476-7759, before the closing date of the position you have applied for.
rehab mailing list
rehab at nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for rehab:
More information about the Jobs