[Jobs] [il-talk] Fw: Manager of Sports and Recreation position open at RIC
lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 25 23:35:28 CDT 2011
Manager; Sports & Recreation Programs- V. Wadsworth
The Manager, Sports and Recreation Program Services organizes and directs
the operations and activities of RICs Sports and Recreation Programs. The
is responsible for efficiently managing workflow, scheduling and coverage
for and supervision of the Sports and Recreation Program staff.
The Manager, Sports and Recreation Program Services consistently
demonstrates support of the RIC statement of Mission and Philosophy by
striving for excellence,
contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for
patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom
contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Manager, Sports and Recreation Program Services demonstrates RIC Core
Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability,
Solving, Customer Service and RIC Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery,
Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
list of 9 items
1. Actively participates in the design and development of individualized
programs for Sports and Recreation Program Services participants. Serves as
primary staff liaison to participants and family members regarding Sports
and Recreation Program Services program issues.
2. Acts as the primary liaison between the RIC Sports and Recreation Program
Services Programs and funders / donors and outside sports and recreation
3. Analyzes the establishing priorities, assigning and distributing workload
4. Monitors performance to ensure proper coverage of programs and the
efficient completion of assigned tasks and projects.
5. Interviews, hires, trains, supervises schedules, assigns work to and
evaluates the performance of the RIC Sports and Recreation Program Services
interns and volunteers.
6. Performs basic to complex bookkeeping functions including assisting in
the development of the annual budget and monitoring assigned expense and
accounts including tracking, investigating, reporting and resolving
7. Researches and develops systems and procedures for program record
keeping, retrieval and reporting about RIC Sports and Recreation Program
Prepares complex activity reports for guidance of management.
8. Develops reviews and updates departmental/operating group policies
relevant to assigned responsibilities. Interprets and directs staff to
policy and procedural resources. Sets and models department/operating group
standards for behavior and productivity.
9. Oversees basic preventative maintenance on sports and recreational
equipment and maintains sports and recreation related supplies including
selection and replacement of all equipment.
list of 1 items
1. Reports to the Director of Fitness, Sports and Recreation
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
list of 9 items
1. Bachelors Degree in related field required, Masters Degree Preferred, and
two to three years of experience including supervision of staff.
2. CPR certification required, ACLS desirable
3. Must be able to lead and guide RIC Sports and Recreation Program Services
for individuals with physical disability.
4. Prior knowledge and training in the area of sports and recreation program
services with the disabled population a plus.
5. Ability to exercise independent judgment in assigned area of
6. Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills necessary
to interact on a daily basis with internal and external customers and
to direct staff.
7. Ability to analyze and interpret data in order to effectively present
information and respond to questions from groups of internal and external
Ability to write reports and general business and research correspondence.
8. Analytical ability needed to prepare complex financial, budget and other
reports, and other pertinent documents and department records.
9. Advanced organizational skills necessary to efficiently prioritize and
complete a variety of tasks and provide leadership.
list of 2 items
1. Normal Sports and Recreation Program Services environment with little or
no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
2. Ability to lift 25 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level
of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Grade- 09
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago - Superior Street (001)
Chicago, IL, US.
Who do you know at
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
Send to Linkedin
Send to Facebook
Return to Search Results
Copyright 2011 Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
From: jobs-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:jobs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
Deborah Kent Stein (by way of David Andrews<dandrews at visi.com>)
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 1:48 PM
To: jobs at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Jobs] [il-talk] Fw: Manager of Sports and Recreation position open
----- Original Message -----
From: Pam Redding
To: Pam Redding
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 12:05 PM
Subject: Manager of Sports and Recreation position open at RIC
Please note that there is a full-time position open for the Manager of
Sports and Recreation at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. Here are
I appreciate your help to share this information with qualified candidates!
Pamela J. Redding
Director of Paralympic and Disability Sport
World Sport Chicago
200 East Randolph Street, 20th Floor
Chicago, IL 60601
(312) 861-4848 office
(847) 323-4049 mobile
(312) 861-4801 fax
Jobs mailing list
Jobs at nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Jobs:
More information about the Jobs