[Jobs] WebAIM Application Programmer job position
Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Fri Apr 29 17:34:59 CDT 2011
As a Lead Application Programmer at WebAIM, you will have opportunities to:
Make the web more accessible to people with disabilities.
* Work with a small, innovative team in developing and enhancing the WAVE web accessibility evaluation tool (http://wave.webaim.org/) and other web sites and tools using LAMP, HTML5, CSS3, JSON, and other nifty acronyms.
This is full-time position at Utah State University. It includes a superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision insurance and retirement. Applicants must live in or be willing to relocate to the beautiful (and very low cost of living) Logan, Utah area. The university pay range is $50K-$60K, based on qualifications.
Requirements (demonstrable experience required in these areas):
2+ year's industry experience (or equivalent).
* Experience in object oriented programming, as well as familiarity with best practices and design patterns.
* Knowledge of PHP or similar language.
* Knowledge of SQL and relational databases (preferably MySQL).
* Familiarity with LAMP/WAMP.
* Knowledge of web technologies: HTML, jQuery, etc.
* Fanatical about writing clean, well-commented code.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, proactive, and motivated.
Nice to have, but not required:
Advanced programming experience in at least one object oriented programming language (C++, Java, .NET, etc.).
* Deep understanding of web standards and web accessibility.
* Familiarity with version/source control, e.g. SVN, Git, etc.
* Python/Django programming experience.
* Web design, usability, HTML5, and CSS3.
* Experience building highly scalable web applications.
* Team and project management.
* Web security experience.
Who we are
WebAIM (Web Accessibility In Mind) is a small, yet reputable non-profit web accessibility consultancy at the Center for Persons with Disabilities at Utah State University. We are a leading provider of web accessibility services, tools, and training, and have been working in the web accessibility field since 1999.
Only qualified applicants need apply. Applications are accepted through the Utah State University job application system (which will be available very shortly). Inquiries may be sent via e-mail to jobs at webaim.org<mailto:jobs at webaim.org>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jobs