[Jobs] NOTICE OF VACANCY - Minneapolis Community and Technical College - CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY FACULTY
Andrews, David B (DEED)
david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Thu Dec 5 16:17:35 UTC 2013
From: workforcecomm-bounces at www.mmb.state.mn.us [mailto:workforcecomm-bounces at www.mmb.state.mn.us] On Behalf Of Work Force Communication
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 7:41 AM
To: Workforcecomm at www.mmb.state.mn.us
Subject: [Workforcecomm] NOTICE OF VACANCY - Minneapolis Community and Technical College - CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY FACULTY
NOTICE OF VACANCY
Position Available: Chemical Dependency Faculty (Addiction Counseling)
(This is the two-year college equivalent of a tenure-track position.)
Date of Appointment: Beginning Fall Semester 2014/August 20, 2014
Organization: Minneapolis Community and Technical College is a two-year college located in downtown Minneapolis, serving the diverse, multicultural communities of the Twin Cities. MCTC enrolls 58% students of color. The college provides a comprehensive offering of developmental, liberal arts, pre-professional, professional, and technical programs. MCTC's addiction counseling program, the oldest in the state, enjoys a superb reputation in the counseling and treatment communities.
Responsibilities: Teach all assigned courses from among the entire range of the addiction counseling program curriculum. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Curriculum planning
* Course development and delivery
* Utilizing technology for teaching and learning
* Academic advising
* Internship supervision
* Assessment of student learning
* Maintaining relationships with industry
* Professional development
* Program recruiting
* Graduate job placement
Must possess or meet minimum qualifications for the MnSCU license field in Chemical dependency #500065 http://www.cfc.mnscu.edu/fields/Code/credentials.php?action=view&cid=393
* Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Dependency or Addiction Counseling or
* Bachelor's Degree with 30 quarter/20 semester credits in chemical dependency or addiction counseling.
Occupational Experience Requirement
* Two full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in the field of chemical dependency/addiction counseling
* One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
* Current Minnesota Licensure as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
*Master's degree with a major in addiction counseling or chemical dependency; or, master's degree in a related field with 24 graduate quarter/16 semester credits in chemical dependency or addiction counseling
*5 years of clinical experience in Addiction and Master's degree in a related field.
* Post-secondary teaching experience in the field of addiction counseling
*Demonstrated familiarity with and commitment to the mission and constituencies of a comprehensive community and technical college
* Understanding of students of diverse backgrounds
* Desire and/or willingness to teach online courses *Maintain professional skills and credentials *Participate on committees in the private or public sectors *Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills *Knowledge of active learning strategies
Salary: Based on education and experience in accordance with the Minnesota State College Faculty contract, including an excellent package of employee benefits.
Application Deadline: MATERIALS SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY ON OR BEFORE December 20, 2013 WILL RECEIVE PRIORITY REVIEW. OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts, names/addresses/telephone numbers/e-mail addresses of at least three references who can directly address the applicant's qualifications for this position (prefer that at least one reference observed the applicant while acting in a teaching capacity), to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/minneapolisedu/default.cfm
Copies of transcripts are acceptable for the screening process; however, the successful candidate must provide official transcripts at the time of hire. An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and encourages application from underrepresented groups. A member of the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the Jobs