[Jobs] FW: Please Post/Forward ACLU CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR [DEVF-62] Position
PMaurer at nfb.org
Tue Dec 10 21:15:34 UTC 2013
From: hrintern [mailto:hrintern at aclu.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:49 PM
To: Maurer, Patricia
Subject: Please Post/Forward ACLU CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR [DEVF-62] Position
CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR [DEVF-62]
American Civil Liberties Union Foundation
Development Department, NY
For more than 93 years, the American Civil Liberties Union Foundation (ACLU), has been at the forefront of virtually every major battle for civil liberties and equal justice in this country. Principled and nonpartisan, the ACLU has offices in all 50 states, Washington, DC and Puerto Rico, and brings together the country's largest team of public interest lawyers, lobbyists, communication strategists, members and activists in the advancement of equality, fairness and freedom, especially for the most vulnerable in our society.
The Development Department of the ACLU's National Office in New York City is seeking a full-time Campaign Director.
Having completed, in 2010, an aggressive and unprecedented nationwide campaign to raise $400 million in major and planned gifts, the ACLU is now preparing to embark on its first major comprehensive fundraising campaign, tentatively set to run up through the organization's 100 year anniversary in 2020. Nationwide, the ACLU currently raises more than $100 million annually, and is looking to significantly increase support throughout the duration of the campaign to expand the ACLU's programs and strengthen its affiliate network.
The Campaign Director will assume a key role in the planning and implementation of the centennial campaign. The Director will report to the Chief Development Officer and will work in close collaboration with the Deputy Director of Development, Director of Leadership Gifts, Director of Foundation Relations and Donor Communications, Director of Gift Planning, Director of Operations and Research, the Affiliate Support and Advocacy Department, ACLU affiliates, and outside counsel.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage all phases of campaign planning and execution;
* Oversee campaign schedule with benchmarks and milestones for all phases of the campaign;
* Support key affiliates in campaign planning, goal setting, strategy, and implementation;
* Define the roles and responsibilities of volunteer leadership groups; assist with identifying, recruiting, managing, and stewarding volunteer campaign leaders;
* Establish ongoing communications strategy for keeping affiliates, campaign leaders, prospects, and contributors engaged and fully informed throughout the campaign;
* Lead the development of campaign communications tools for the nationwide campaign including print materials, proposals, reports, updates, videos, and other online media;
* Oversee the development and implementation of campaign business operations, including but not limited to special donor recognition and listings;
* Develop and assist in the implementation of donor cultivation and recognition events, and work with affiliates on such events as appropriate;
* Oversee the campaign donor pipeline and establish solicitation priorities, in collaboration with Leadership Gifts, Foundation Relations, Gift Planning and Research;
* In collaboration with direct marketing units, assist in planning for the eventual public roll out of the campaign to all levels of ACLU supporters;
* Manage campaign income and expense reports;
* Assist with other campaign-related tasks as appropriate.
* Manage Campaign Coordinator.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Minimum of seven years' development experience in a sophisticated nonprofit institution or organization with a reputation for quality and excellence.
* Experience working in a national organization is desirable.
* Strategic thinker adept in planning, prioritizing, organizing, and follow through.
* Superior writing and verbal skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to foster relationships within complex institutions.
* Ability to work with diverse personalities and styles, including staff, donors, and volunteers.
* Ability to work quickly and effectively, and under pressure of tight deadlines.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Willing to work with staff at all levels in developing and executing campaign activities ranging from the day-to-day to the highly strategic and visible.
* Catalyst with a vision for and the ability to create excitement and energy around the ACLU's campaign; persuasive and tenacious in pursuit of the organization's mission and campaign goals.
* Committed to and enthusiastic about the ACLU's mission and programs.
* Some traveling may be required.
The ACLU offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within the parameters of the ACLU compensation scale.
Please send a cover letter (with salary requirements), a resume and a writing sample that is no more than 2-3 pages in length and is relevant to the position to hrjobs at aclu.org<mailto:hrjobs at aclu.org>. Please reference [DEVF-62/INCL] in the subject line. Please note that this is not the general ACLU email address. This email address is specific to Development department postings. In order to ensure your application is received please make certain it is sent to the correct e-mail address. You can expect to receive an automatic response that acknowledges the submission of application materials.
Alternatively applications can be mailed to:
American Civil Liberties Union
125 Broad Street, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10004
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this career opportunity.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This posting provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the posting at any time without advance notice.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: hrjobsinclreq at aclu.org<mailto:hrjobsinclreq at aclu.org>. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name "ACLU."
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jobs