[Jobs] Semi Auto and Automatic Sewing Operators positions open At Industries of the Blind Greensboro NC
rwoliverjr66 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 20:28:50 UTC 2018
Industries of the Blind in Greensboro North Carolina is a not for profit
501 C 3 organization who works in the AbilityOne Program. IOB is currently
hiring for semi automatic and automatic sewing machine operators for
production lines producing apparel for the United States Government.
*Job Roles and Responsibilities*
Supports sewing operations by performing one or more operations on an
assigned piece of equipment or sewing machine, in order to produce
components or products in accordance with product and quality
specifications. Must stand for 8-hour shift and learn to use a
semi-automatic or automatic sewing machine.
- Thread sewing machine for operation and sew product in accordance with
specifications. Aligns machines to ensure proper stitch count.
- Perform repairs for sewing defects and monitors product to verify that
quality standards are being met.
- Monitor equipment to ensure that proper safety equipment is in place
before operation. Improves productivity by suggesting better ways to
maintain equipment, reduce costs, etc.
- Properly complete any other duties and responsibilities designated by
- Prefer 3-5 years’ experience in commercial sewing.
- Physical ability to stand for entire shift and perform assigned
- Use standard tools such as snips, scissors, tweezers, needle
- Thread machines, change bobbins and needles, start machine, align
materials, control pedal, and sew straight lines.
- Understand and learn quality standards for assigned tasks and verify
that product quality is acceptable. Must know how to distinguish among
standard types of stitches and seams and be able to measure stitches and
read standard ruler, or otherwise ensure that standards are met.
For more information please visit our website at
www.industriesoftheblind.com or call Laverne Goodridge or Susan Williams at
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jobs