[Journalists] descrimination against voices?

Elizabeth Sammons antigone at columbus.rr.com
Sun Oct 26 23:04:15 UTC 2008

Aziza,

Good evening, and I understand your need for academic references. I would
suggest:
Voice of America has some  guidelines for hiring folks as announcers; they
must be native speakers of a language with a lot of other requirements. Look
on the web; Google "voice of America" and then go from there.

Second, I would recommend any   radio announcer manuals or training guides.
Of anyone, these are folks aware of what a voice3 must give off, since this
is all they have to present to an audience.

Hoping this helps; good luck. On a personal note, I can say that even as
people say a sighted person takes 10-20 seconds to get a first impression of
someone, so do I, using the voice, accent, words chosen, hand shake, and
sometimes other senses as well such as a person's odor, perfume, touch of a
garment, way their feet sound when they walk, etc. etc.. But  voice and
accent and breathing  and pauses would be the most important to me.

Regards,
Elizabeth