[Journalists] questions from a newby

Amelia Dickerson ameliadickerson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 01:54:41 UTC 2010

I am a newby in this realm, and I am most concerned about my
interviewing skills. I have a story I'm just getting started with.
It's more of a case study for a professional audience, so it needs to
go more in depth than a newspaper story. One friend who is a sight
journalist gave me as her piece of advice to start off with the
hardest questions. I wonder if anyone else has suggestions on how to
do a thorough interview, without making them answer questions all day
long. I know I should do background research first and am doing so,
but part of why I'm writing this up for this group is because they
have been flying by the seat of their pants and haven't gotten around
to writing anything down. Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Amelia Dickerson

What counts can't always be counted, and what can be counted doesn't
always count.
Albert Einstein