[Journalists] hello to journalism list

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 15 15:04:48 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am new here  and wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Ashley Bramlett.  I'm visually impaired but use jaws and braille.  I graduated from Marymount University in May 2009
with a BA in liberal studies
My studies focussed on communication and psychology.  Currently I'm looking for work which is tough for any new college grad.  I enjoy writing, particularly nonfiction, such as telling a true story in a journalistic way.  I am hoping to use writing and my other communication skills in a future job.  I hope to work in promoting an organization's mission by writing; maybe writing newsletters or proposals.  I would be happy working in public relations or public affairs.
Any of you work at newspapers and if so which ones?

I joined this list to see what journalists had to say from a blind perspective and because I'm going back to school part time at a community college.  A few of my classes involve journalism and I thought I might have questions that you could answer.
My point in going back to school is to further my writing skills in a career studies certificate.

I look forward to hearing whose on here and exchanging ideas.

Ashley