[Journalists] Requesting interview with one or more blind journalists about accessibility of FoI process.

Darrell Shandrow darrell.shandrow at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 04:46:32 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone,

I posted a note last week asking about FoI requests and their accessibility.

I am writing a legal issues story on this subject.

Although FoI laws don't specifically address accessibility, do laws like ADA
and Section 504 apply? Have you tried using them to gain equal access to the
FoI request process and resulting public records? If you haven't tried, why
not?

I'd really appreciate 10 or 15 minutes of your time for a serious
journalistic investigation of this issue.

Please send a direct reply or call me at 480-389-5627.

Regards,

Darrell Shandrow - Accessibility Advocate
another person.