[Journalists] First Blind Journalist Of Pakistan Needs Some Information About Radio Training In USA

Elizabeth Sammons antigone at columbus.rr.com
Tue Sep 7 20:21:37 UTC 2010

Dear Sardar,

Given your skills and interest in radio journalism, I suggest that you try
some of the US and other leading broadcasters. For example, BBC as you
doubtless know has excellent broadcasts, and no doubt it does provide
training. I recall there is at least one blind BBC radio broadcaster,  I
believe .	Gary O'Donoghue, BBC Political Correspondent . Similarly,
Voice of America might be interested in such a project. You should compose
an introductory cover letter with the skills you already have, include any
articles written by you that you consider outstanding, or articles about
you, and go from there. Frankly, someone of your obvious talent deserves
top-notch mentoring and training above what a less specialized facility
could provide. Use Internet or your radio contacts in these international
broadcasters to find more. I am not a radio journalist, but I did once
intern in Voice of America for a summer. If you find yourself completely
without answers, you may write to me at
antigone at columbus.rr.com

and I will see what else I can do.

Sincerely,