[Journalists] Help With A Class Assignment And Wishing To Network

Elizabeth Campbell liz at star-telegram.com
Wed Sep 14 14:36:05 UTC 2011

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your note.

There are any number of newsletters available to you. All you have to do
is search out organizations, including the NFB, and I'm sure you will find
numerous opportunities. We have divisions that publish newsletters, and
you can find them onthe NFB web site
www.nfb.org

As for being a blind journalist, I work full time as a government affairs
reporter at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
I think the most apparent challenge is the lack of a comprehensive public
transportation system in north Texas. I cover a very large area none of
which is accessible via our limited transit options.
Other than that, I don't see differences between myself and sighted
colleagues.

Best regards.

Elizabeth Campbell
(817) 390-7696