[Journalists] Finding a Job

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 11 02:17:05 UTC 2014

Jordan,

My name is Ashley and I am a graduate of Marymount university; I am also
career searching. I ran into the problem you described. Internships and
fellowships are for  college students mostly. While I did have internships
as an undergrad, they did not give me the experience I need. My strengths
lie in oral and written communications. I'm also open to an internship or
fellowship in pr or communications including journalism. But, like you said,
most internships won't accept grads. That said, I might have some ideas. It
should be easier for you because you only graduated 2 years ago where as I
graduated about five years ago and I graduated with my writing certificate
last May 2013. What I did was I got a writing certificate from our community
college while looking for work.

Are you willing to relocate? do you have the means to do so in terms of
paying for housing? if so, I have some ideas in the DC area for you!

I also have some online ideas as well which might help you. Because you have
a degree in journalism, it might make it easier to get a job or internship
around here.

Good luck.

Ashley