[Journalists] update from Liz

Jordan Moon jdfmoon at gmail.com
Fri May 8 17:26:25 UTC 2015

Hello all!

   I will also be attending the convention. I was hired again to be a
staff member for a summer program, but I know we get an off night
during the convention. I would love to meet up with you all and hope
indeed that our schedules will parallel.

  I graduated with a journalism degree from the Walter Cronkite School
of Journalism at Arizona State University in 2012. I also have a
political science degree. As someone with low vision (I tell most
people I'm blind,) I have been struggling to fit in to the digital
world that journalism now is housed in. unfortunately, it seems as if
a lot of my blind journalism peers are going through the same thing.
Liz, I think you made the right decision, by the way.

  I am not saying I gave up on my journalism ambitions, but I had to
approach journalism from a different angle. I found internships at
non-proffits and for the past six months, I've worked for a
non-profit, teaching writing to its special-needs members and helping
the foundation with writing press releases. When I can, I update my
blog, just to keep my skills fresh and to show future employers.

  I value this list because it is nice to know that there are others
who are going through situations that mirror mine. I hope everyone
keeps the faith and continues striding toward living the life you
want.

Enjoy your weekend,
Jordan