[Kansas-blind-students] 2-28-17 Conference call Summary

Afton roy anne Harper aftonroyanneharper at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 22:02:59 UTC 2017

Here is the summary of Tuesday's conference call.

-People who attended--Luke Schwinck--John Mestemacher--Afton Harper--Ashley Nybert--Tom Anderson
Meeting started at 8:10 pmMeeting ended at 9:10 pmDuration of meeting: 60 minutes
-President report---Denver trip-funding is looking good- -people going to Colarado--John-Afton-Luke-Jamie-Alosha-Emily Thursday (3-10-17)-Jamie, Luke, Alosha and Jericho meet John and Afton in Overland Park -9 hour drive-3 stops, about 20 minutes long-Get there by 7pm--Dinner with Ashley once we check in at Hampton Inn in Littleton -$20/day for stipen-John, Afton, Emily one room-Jamie, Luke, Alosha other room-Go home Sunday (3-12-17)-leave at 9 am-Get home by 7pm-push harder with nut sales
-vice president's report--worked behind the scenes with Luke
-treasurer--- $376--doing better than we thought financially--EIN is only thing from keeping us from getting our bank account-it's a waiting game
-secretary--Afton taking temporary role as Secretary-need to get Kansas mailing list for Afton
-Ideas for spring--strengthen relationships with disability support service offices-Some kind of get together specifically in certain offices-Reach out to colleges in Kansas--Goal- end of semester-each of us call two universities-John-JCC and KSB-Ashley-Fort Hays and Newman-Luke-Witchita and Friends-Tom-KU, Butler-Afton-Emporia, K State-Check with colleges and see if they have organizations and clubs for those who are blind on campus- (tentative)-have a BBQ after recruitment to meet new recruits and get them involved-Everyone get more involved with a division of NABS
-Other Notes--4pm this Sunday (3-5-17) is the Kansas state board meeting
-Get involved with the local chapter--this is how you are part of the Student division and you WILL NOT get to go National convention if you don't go to these meetings. They are the second Friday of every month at 6pm at Bethany Lutheran church in Overland Park.
Our next call is March 14 at 8pm central time.
Here is the link to be  added to the mailing list
Kansas-Blind-Students Info Page

|   |
Kansas-Blind-Students Info Page
   |   |