[Kansas-blind-students] Kansas Student Division March 14th conference call summary

Afton roy anne Harper aftonroyanneharper at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 02:33:58 UTC 2017

Here is the summary for March 14th’s Kansas Student division conference call.

Call started-8:47 pm

Call ended-9:23 pm

Call duration-36 minutes

   -
People on call

   -
Afton Harper

   -
John Mestemacher

   -
Luke Schwinck

   -
Ashley Nybert

   -
Tom Anderson

   -
Richard Traverzo

   -
Alosha Moore

   -
Fabien Siffrin

   -
Anya Avramenko

   -
President's report-Luke Schwinck

   -
Denver trip summary-successful and productive trip. It will be further discussed next meeting.

   -
We have an EIN number and are a week away from a bank account

   -
Vice President's report-Ashley Nybert

   -
NA

   -
Treasurer’s Report-John Mestemacher

   -
N/A. No receipts and nothing to report on

   -
Secretary’s Report-Afton Harper

   -
Took over as secretary last meeting (2-28-17) to replace Bethany

   -
Last meeting lasted 60 minutes from 8:10 pm to 9:10 pm.

   -
Last meeting focused on Denver trip, strategies on recruitment for colleges in Kansas, and more ideas to broaden our chapter this spring through events and other opportunities. Also emphasized that we need to have more nut sales to help with our funds.

   -
Each of us called two university’s disability office.

   -
Luke- Checked with Wichita and Friends Witcham is a go, Friends-left a voicemail

   -
John-Checked with JCCC and KSB- both are left voicemail

   -
Ashley-Checked with Fort Hays and Newman- had issues with time zone because she’s in training all day at CCB. Richard will help reach out to Newman and Alosha will reach out to Fort Hays.

   -
Tom A-Checked with KU and Butler-will call tomorrow

   -
Afton-Checked with Emporia and K State-Emporia-Anya is going to reach out to them again next week. K State-left them a message.

   -
Fabien-reach out to Kansas city school for the blind

   -
Other notes-

   -
-Our next conference call is on March 28 at 8pm Central Time.

   -
Everyone should look into joining a NABS division-There are many divisions including a Communities of Faith division, Blind Merchants division, Blind lawyers division, Guide Dog Users division and many more. For more information, go to

https://nfb.org/divisions-and-committees.

   -
If you know someone is not receiving these emails, give them this link to subscribe to the mailing list

   -
The next Johnson County chapter meeting is April 7th at 6pm. The address for Bethany Lutheran Church is

9101 Lamar Ave,

Overland Park, KS 66207.

- The Johnson County Chapter meetings are REQUIRED in order to get funding to go to National Convention.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android