[Kansas-blind-students] KABS Conference call summary

Afton roy anne Harper aftonroyanneharper at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 01:45:25 UTC 2017

Here is the summary for the Kansas Student division conference call.

Call started-8:06 pm

Call ended- 8:37 pm

Call duration- 31 minutes

   -
People on call

   -
Afton Harper

   -
John Mestemacher

   -
Luke Schwinck

   -
Ashley Nybert

   -
Bethany Bennington

   -
Tom Anderson

   -
Anya Avramenko

   -
President's report-Luke Schwinck

   -
Students will know if they are being funded for national convention by the beginning of June and any money not used should be returned to the Kansas NFB board.

   -
Vice President's report-Ashley Nybert

-NA

   -
Treasurer’s Report-John Mestemacher

   -
  The KABS cookout food budget is $75. There will be burgers, hot dogs and bratwursts As well as some fruit and veggies and kool-aid to drink.

   -
There will be approximately 20 participants.

   -
Gas money will be provided to those who have RSVPed with Luke Schwinck and the gas budget is $65 total.

   -
Our total budget for the KABS cookout is $140.

   -
Secretary’s Report-Afton Harper

   -
We decided to reschedule the meeting from last week (May 9th) to today due to scheduling conflicts.

   -
The last meeting we had lasted 60 minutes and ten people were on call including, Luke, Anya, Afton, John, Tom, Bethany, Fabien, Emily, Richard and Ashley.

   -
Our final outreach for this semester is the KABS Annual Cookout at Lake Shawnee on May 20. You can email Luke for more details.

   -
If you need a flyer for the KABS Annual Cookout, contact Luke by email.

   -
We will continue using the group chat and mailing list to get out accurate information for meeting times and other important information

   -
After our next call, we will have a few NABS candidates campaigning.

   -
Other notes-

   -
Our next conference call is on May 30th at 8pm Central Time.

   -
Everyone should look into joining an NFB division-There are many divisions including a Communities of Faith division, Blind Merchants division, Blind lawyers division, Guide Dog Users division and many more. For more information, go to

https://nfb.org/divisions-and-committees.

   -
If you know someone is not receiving these emails, give them this link to subscribe to the mailing list

   -
The next Johnson County chapter meetings are always the second Friday of each month at 6:30 pm. The address for Bethany Lutheran Church is

9101 Lamar Ave,

Overland Park, KS 66207.

- The Johnson County Chapter meetings are REQUIRED in order to get funding to go to National Convention.