[KeystoneChapter] December 2018 Chapter Meeting

Harriet Go goharriet00 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 6 01:00:11 UTC 2018

Hello Keystone members and friends,
'Tis the season to be jolly! The holidays are here! And the Keystone Chapter is doing some great things to celebrate the season and give back to the community. Please join us this Saturday December 8, 2018 starting at 10:15 for our monthly meeting. After the meeting we will be doing a gift exchange and then going directly to the Fox and Hound Bar and Grill to have our holiday lunch together.

We are again doing holiday gift wrapping at Barnes & Noble bookstore in Rittenhouse Square this year! This is such a wonderful opportunity to engage the public and show them a positive image of blind people and tell them about the NFB. It is also an opportunity to give back to the community as well. The dates of the gift wrapping are Saturday December 15 and Sunday December 16, 2018. Thank you

Next, we are continuing to collect money to purchase holiday gifts for the students at St. Lucy Day School and Archbishop Ryan Academy for the Deaf. If you are able to help out with this project, it would be greatly appreciated. A contribution of $20 can purchase gifts for 3 blind or deaf students. There are approximately 40 students at the school. If you would like to help, please bring money for this activity to the next chapter meeting on December 8, 2018. Thank you to everyone who already contributed to this effort!

This year, the holiday party at St. Lucy/Archbishop Ryan will be held Monday December 17, 2018 starting at 11:30 a.m. Our chapter will be sponsoring a pizza party and distributing the gifts for which you all have been contributing towards. If you are able to join the chapter at the school for this holiday party on the 17th of December, please come! The more chapter members, the merrier!

Please let me know if you would like to help with gift wrapping at B&N, if you are participating in the gift exchange and lunch, if you need more information about contributing towards St. Lucy/Archbishop Ryan, or if you have any questions at all!
We hope you can join in on all, or at least most, of the fun this month!

Happy Holidays!!!
Harriet