[KeystoneChapter] June 2019 Meeting & Tactile Day This Saturday!

Harriet Go goharriet00 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 3 03:57:04 UTC 2019

Hello Keystone Chapter members and friends!
June is here!!! Yay, summer is right around the corner!
I hope all of you are ready for our upcoming chapter meeting and field trip to the Penn Museum this Saturday June 8, 2019! Don't forget to invite friends and family and neighbors to this event. Also, if you have never been to a Keystone chapter meeting before and have always thought about attending, this would be a great time to come and join us! Everyone will enjoy the experience! Please see the details below!

On June 8, 2019, the Keystone Chapter meeting will be held at the Penn Museum. The Penn Museum is located at 3260 South Street Philadelphia, PA 19104. However, as an alternative to taking SEPTA, there will be a bus leaving from 15th and Walnut streets on the Southwest corner at 9:40 a.m. The cost for the bus is free! The bus will also depart from the Penn Museum at 4:30 p.m. to return to 15th and Walnut streets.

Here is the schedule for the day.
9:40 a.m. Bus leaves from 15th and Walnut for the Penn Museum.
10:15 a.m. Keystone Chapter meeting begins.
12:15 p.m. Lunch. (Lunch can either be brought or be purchased at the museum cafe.)
1:00 p.m. Tactile Day tours begin. These are self guided tours with sensory experiences in each gallery.
4:30 p.m. Bus leaves the Penn Museum for 15th and Walnut streets.

The admission cost for the Tactile Day event for each blind/visually impaired person is  $9. Each blind/visually impaired person is allowed to bring 1 sighted person for free admission. In fact, since most of the tour is self-guided, this is highly recommended. The cost for each additional sighted individual is $15 per person.

As always, please contact me if you have any questions!
See you Saturday!
Harriet

________________________________
Just a reminder that our June 8th chapter meeting is coming up soon, and so is our Tactlie Day trip to the Penn Museum!

On June 8, 2019, the Keystone Chapter meeting will be held at the Penn Museum. The Penn Museum is located at 3260 South Street Philadelphia, PA 19104. However, as an alternative to taking SEPTA, there will be a bus leaving from 15th and Walnut streets on the Southwest corner at 9:40 a.m. The cost for the bus is free! The bus will also depart from the Penn Museum at 4:30 p.m. to return to 15th and Walnut streets.

Here is the schedule for the day.
9:40 a.m. Bus leaves from 15th and Walnut for the Penn Museum.
10:15 a.m. Keystone Chapter meeting begins.
12:15 p.m. Lunch. (Lunch can either be brought or be purchased at the museum cafe.)
1:00 p.m. Tactile Day tours begin. These are self guided tours with sensory experiences in each gallery.
4:30 p.m. Bus leaves the Penn Museum for 15th and Walnut streets.

The admission cost for the Tactile Day event for each blind/visually impaired person is  $9. Each blind/visually impaired person is allowed to bring 1 sighted person for free admission. In fact, since most of the tour is self-guided, this is highly recommended. The cost for each additional sighted individual is $15 per person. Make a day of it! This is a great activity to do on a Saturday afternoon with friends or family. So please spread the word! All are invited to participate in the chapter meeting, lunch, and the Tactile Day tours!

If you have any specific questions about the tour itself, please contact Kevin Schott at the Penn Museum. His information can be found on the flyer attached. Otherwise, if you have questions about the chapter meeting or need general information, please feel free to contact me.

Have a great week!
Harriet