[KeyStoneChapter] Fw: Update:SEPTA Advisory Committee

Harriet Go goharriet00 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 13 21:39:36 UTC 2020

From: Denice Brown <dbrown8827 at aol.com>
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2020 10:24 PM

Subject: Fwd: Update:SEPTA Advisory Committee

FYI.

Sent from My IPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Latoya Maddox <lmaddox83 at gmail.com>
Date: September 11, 2020 at 9:33:21 PM EDT
To: jake at fvcd.net, spettaway1950 at gmail.com, tbrobinson220 at aol.com, maryon22253 at gmail.com, barbjane at gmail.com, Alberetta Shepard <abbyshob at gmail.com>, Sassii Maddox <Lmaddox83 at gmail.com>, dbrown8827 at aol.com, lheitz at asb.org, Tony Brooks <dontony18kb at gmail.com>, steph1024 at yahoo.com, APCDGG at aol.com, ifein2956 at gmail.com, brandon ezekiel <brandon.ezekiel22 at gmail.com>
Cc: Heather Shanefield <hshanefield at qualityprogressions.org>, Liam Dougherty <LiamDougherty at libertyresources.org>, Cole Holmes <Dothink1 at gmail.com>
Subject: Update:

Good Evening SAC members:

I would like to first address what looked like the disappearance of SAC. On behalf of the SAC's board members we would like to apologize for not reaching out sooner. We are taking full responsibility with just leaving you all with no messaging down from SEPTA.

Today we had our first Procedures and Policies committee meeting and we discussed a lot. I am going to be completely transparent with you all with everything SAC's board discussed with SEPTA.

CCT:

CCT's ridership has gone down 80% since the shutdown began in March. With day programs closures and/or modified in person activity, jobs allowing their staff work from home and small business closures a lot of individuals who were using CCT either are using it less and/or not at all. This brings much understanding and concern. Understanding in the sense we know this has to do with COVID19 concerns and the other concern is SEPTA ability to bounce back from the pandemic without making cuts to not only CCT, but SEPTA's entire transit system. SEPTA's rail system is down to less than 4% using it's systems. We learned today that it will take 3 years for SEPTA to get back to normalcy.

CCT reservations staff have downsized the amount of reservationists/cancelation staff at 1234 Market street, so if you have had longer than usual wait times when reserving rides, canceling rides prior to the Malware issue this is why.

No one is getting points for missed rides or no shows. If you are accumulating points and being suspended, please reach out to the SAC board members.

CCT & SEPTA:

On August 8/9, 2020 SEPTA's server was compromised by Malware. A lot of SEPTA's employees lost access to their email accounts and  their computers. CCT's reservation staff are now using laptops and hotspot to reserve and cancel rides. hotspot is another way for individuals to gain internet access. With this being said CCT users can only make rides 24 hours in advance until further notice. SEPTA is in the process of having their internet servers rebuilt and this too will take some time in getting CCT and SEPTA back to normalcy.

If any of you need to schedule consecutive rides back to back within a 3 days span, please let the SAC board members know. We will forward all necessary information to our designated contact at SEPTA and someone will reach out to you to confirm your rides.

SEPTA CCT Keycard program:

SEPTA let the SAC board know that a SEPTA CCT Keycard program will begin in the next few weeks with the estimated timeline for all people with disabilities to begin receiving their SEPTA CCT keycard and have the ability to use it by the end of October 2020. When asked how this decision went from being up in the air to ready to go? SEPTA stated 2 companies their working with were able to figure things out.

The SEPTA CCT keycard program will have 14 candidates (those who utilize CCT more frequently). When SEPTA is ready to begin we will share if more candidates are needed.

SAC Meeting:

A SAC meeting is long overdue, are any of you interested in participating in the virtual SAC meeting? You do not have to be on camera if you do not want to. SEPTA does have a conference call feature and will provide an ASL interpretion. Please reply to this email or send a separate message letting us know if you will/will not participate in a SAC virtual meeting.

Again, your SAC board apologies for not reaching out before now. All of you will continue to receive emails from the SAC board more often. If you need anything or want to tell us about a situation you are going through/have experienced since the COVID19 pandemic and the Malware issue began, please feel free to reach out.

We're in this together and are here for you all.

Respectfully,

 Latoya Maddox - Chairperson
lmaddox83 at gmail.com<mailto:lmaddox83 at gmail.com> | (215) 215-634-2000 ext.114

Colmon Holmes - Vice Chairperson
dothink1 at gmail.com<mailto:dothink1 at gmail.com> | (215) 439-4113

Liam Dougherty - Recording Secretary
Liamdougherty at libertyresources.org<mailto:Liamdougherty at libertyresources.org>

Heather Shanefield - Assistant Recording Secretary
hshanefield at gmail.com<mailto:hshanefield at gmail.com>