[KeyStoneChapter] Keystone Chapter Meeting Recap

David Goldstein david at iCantCU.com
Sat Dec 17 17:32:21 UTC 2022

Hello there Keystone Chapter Members and Friends,

Pardon my tardiness on this recap. I tied a ribbon on my finger to remind me, but every time I felt it I thought it was a Christmas decoration.

We had a beautiful day to travel to the Penn Museum for our monthly meeting and chapter Christmas party last Saturday. If you couldn’t make it, I hope you were able to be part of the meeting via Zoom. We listened to Presidential Release #522 <https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/2022-12/december_2022_release_chapter_version_final.mp3>. After the meeting, we had a White Elephant gift exchange, ate pizza and tons of sweet treats, and enjoyed the season.

Saint Lucy Holiday Party Sponsored By The Keystone Chapter

The annual St. Lucie holiday party sponsored by the Keystone Chapter of the national Federation of the blind of Pennsylvania will be held again this year! The party will be on Monday, December 19, 2022.  We plan to start the party around noon . as Santas helpers, members of the Keystone Chapter will have a gift for each student to take home for the holidays. We will also provide pizza, dessert, and juice for the students. If you are able and interested in participating in helping out with the party, please get in touch with Harriet as soon as possible.

2023 Membership Dues

2023 dues are $10. There are a few ways you can pay. You can give me cash or a check when you see me at a meeting. You can pay via PayPal by going to https://py.pl/1sI3MZ <https://py.pl/1sI3MZ>. You can mail a check to me and make it payable to Keystone Chapter NFB of PA. Mail it to:
David Goldstein
1425 Parklane Road
Swarthmore, PA 19081

SupportKeystoneChapter.org

During this Giving Season, please consider making a year-end contribution to the Keystone Chapter. Go to SupportKeystoneChapter.org <http://supportkeystonechapter.org/> to make a donation. No amount is too small, especially if you check the box that says Add $X.XX to help cover the fees. The section will get filled in automatically when you enter the amount you want to donate. For example, if you enter $2.00 to donate and check the box to also pay the fees, your total amount would be $2.56. Go ahead and give it a try! Don’t forget to share the link with your friends and family.

White Cane Coffee

Support the Keystone Chapter while supporting a small business owned by a blind woman. Use our affiliate link https://whitecanecoffee.com/ref/KeystoneChapter/ <https://whitecanecoffee.com/ref/KeystoneChapter/> when making a purchase from the White Cane Coffee website. The Keystone Chapter earns a 10% commission and there is no additional cost to you. They are currently offering free shipping with orders of $50 or more.

White Canes Connect Podcast

We just dropped episode 055 <https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/whitecanesconnect/white_canes_connect_055_post.mp3>. In it, Lisa and I speak with blind actress Aszkara Gilchrist and co-director Carlos Armesto from Odd Man Out. The show runs through 12/18 at Bristol Riverside Theater.  Listen on  Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/white-canes-connect/id1592248709>, Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/1YDQSJqpoteGb1UMPwRSuI>, Amazon Music <https://www.amazon.com/White-Canes-Connect/dp/B08K5B6683/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=white+canes+connect&qid=1636149501&qsid=139-0343126-3565115&s=audible&sr=1-1&sres=B08K5B6683,B07P88N4RS,B008U2QT28,B00MFS7BT8&srpt=WALKING_STICK>, IHeartRadio <https://www.iheart.com/podcast/263-white-canes-connect-89603482/>, and on Twitter @PABlindPodcast <https://www.twitter.com/pablindpodcast>. Contact Lisa Bryant, Stacie Leap, and I about the show at whitecanesconnect at gmail.com <mailto:whitecanesconnect at gmail.com>.

Other Podcasts

In case you didn’t know, I have a podcast of my own called iCantCU <https://www.icantcu.com/>. In my latest episode, #209, I talk about problems I’ve encountered with my iPhone since updating the IOS to 16.1.1. You can listen via this direct link <https://pdcn.co/e/traffic.libsyn.com/secure/icantcu/icantcu-podcast-209.mp3> or on Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/icantcu-podcast/id1445801370>, Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/3nck2D5HgD9ckSaUQaWwW2>, and most other podcast directories. You can also catch me as a guest on Aaron’s Opinion 2 Blinks 1 Episode <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/2-blinks-1-episode/id1535839694?i=1000589448611>.

Eliz and I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2023!

Regards,

David
David Goldstein
david at iCantCU.com
(610) 715-5020 mobile
www.iCantCU.com <https://www.icantcu.com/>
iCantCU Podcast
Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/icantcu-podcast/id1445801370> | Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/3nck2D5HgD9ckSaUQaWwW2> | IHeartRadio <https://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-icantcu-podcast-31157111/>
Support The Podcast When You Shop
Amazon <https://www.icantcu.com/amazon>
Connect with me:
Twitter <https://twitter.com/davidbenj> | Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/davidbenj/> | LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidbenj> | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/davidbenj>