[KeyStoneChapter] Keystone Chapter Meeting Recap And Links

David Goldstein david at iCantCU.com
Tue Sep 13 16:21:51 UTC 2022

Hello there Keystone Chapter Members and Friends,

What a spectacular day we had on Saturday at our September meeting and cook-out! It was great to be together with old friends and meet new ones. Thanks to Patricia and Jim Antonacci for opening their home and hosting!

Believe You Can! 2022 Talent Wanted

The Keystone Chapter’s Blind Equality Achievement Month Fundraiser is Believe You Can!, a virtual talent show of blind and visually impaired performers. This year’s show takes place on October 15 at 8PM. If you would like to perform, please fill out the Talent Sheet at https://www.BelieveYouCan.live/talent <https://www.believeyoucan.live/talent>. We are looking for musicians, dancers, stand-up comics (it’s gotta be clean,) spoken word artists, fire-eaters, magicians, and other performing artists.

Believe You Can! 2022 Tickets Now On Sale

Tickets are now on sale for this year’s show! Go to https://www.BelieveYouCan.live/tickets <https://www.believeyoucan.live/tickets> to purchase tickets. Tickets are $10 for an Individual Ticket or $25 for a Watch Party Ticket. Please share the link with your family and friends and on your social channels.

Hand-made Ceramic Cups With Braille For Sale

Harriet talked about and showed us samples of hand-made ceramic cups with tactile braille on them. The sayings on the cups are Live the life you want, Believe you can!, and Blindness is not a barrier. The cups are a grayish blue. The cups are $10 each. Contact Harriet to place your order at goharriet00 at hotmail.com <mailto:goharriet00 at hotmail.com> or (610) 931-9013.

2022 State Convention In Pittsburgh

This year's State Convention is in Pittsburgh from November 10 through November 13. Register online at http://nfbp.org/convention/reg. To make your hotel reservations at the Sheraton Station Square, call (412) 261-2000. If you are interested in taking the charter bus back from Pittsburgh on November 13, contact Harriet at (610) 931-9013 or GoHarriet00 at hotmail.com <mailto:GoHarriet00 at hotmail.com>. Cost is $50 and you can pay me at the October meeting or send a check made payable to Keystone Chapter NFB of PA and mail it to:

David Goldstein
1425 Parklane Road
Swarthmore, PA 19081

White Cane Coffee

Support the Keystone Chapter while supporting a small business owned by a blind woman. Use our affiliate link https://www.whitecanecoffee.com/ref/keystonechapter <https://www.whitecanecoffee.com/ref/keystonechapter> when making a purchase from the White Cane Coffee website. The Keystone Chapter earns a 10% commission and there is no additional cost to you. They are currently offering free shipping with orders of $50 or more.

Support Keystone Chapter Member Esther Gillyard

Let’s help Esther win the Miss Blind Diva Empowerment Pageant. Go to her YouTube video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlSOk9Lv1Sg <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlSOk9Lv1Sg> and click the like button. If you want to learn more about the pageant, listen to White Canes Connect episode 036 <https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/whitecanesconnect/white_canes_connect_036.mp3>.

White Canes Connect Podcast

We just dropped episode 044 <https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/whitecanesconnect/white_canes_connect_044.mp3>. In it, Lisa and I speak with NFB of PA member Passle Helminski an artist and marathon runner.  Listen on  Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/white-canes-connect/id1592248709>, Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/1YDQSJqpoteGb1UMPwRSuI>, Amazon Music <https://www.amazon.com/White-Canes-Connect/dp/B08K5B6683/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=white+canes+connect&qid=1636149501&qsid=139-0343126-3565115&s=audible&sr=1-1&sres=B08K5B6683,B07P88N4RS,B008U2QT28,B00MFS7BT8&srpt=WALKING_STICK>, IHeartRadio <https://www.iheart.com/podcast/263-white-canes-connect-89603482/>, and on Twitter @PABlindPodcast <https://www.twitter.com/pablindpodcast>. Contact Lisa Bryant, Stacie Leap, and I about the show at whitecanesconnect at gmail.com

Regards,

David
David Goldstein
Treasurer, Keystone Chapter, NFB of PA
david at iCantCU.com
(610) 715-5020 mobile
www.iCantCU.com <https://www.icantcu.com/>
iCantCU Podcast
Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/icantcu-podcast/id1445801370> | Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/3nck2D5HgD9ckSaUQaWwW2> | IHeartRadio <https://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-icantcu-podcast-31157111/>
Support The Podcast When You Shop
Amazon <https://www.icantcu.com/amazon>
Connect with me:
Twitter <https://twitter.com/davidbenj> | Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/davidbenj/> | LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidbenj> | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/davidbenj>