[Lansingmi] Fw: [Chapter-presidents] Please Participate in the Adult Rehabilitation and Employment Survey and Circulate to Your Members

Mary Ann Robinson brightsmile1953 at comcast.net
Thu May 19 00:41:47 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Mary Ann Robinson
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:11 PM
Subject: Fw: [Chapter-presidents] Please Participate in the Adult Rehabilitation and Employment Survey and Circulate to Your Members

From: chapter-presidents-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:chapter-presidents-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Ewell, Jason
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 1:57 PM
To: Chapter-Presidents at NFBNet.org
Cc: EBell at latech.edu; Riccobono,Mark

The following invitation comes from Eddie Bell, director of the Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness at Louisiana Tech University.

Dear Chapter President:

By now, you have probably heard of the Adult Rehabilitation and Employment Survey (ARES) that is being conducted by the Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness at Louisiana Tech University. If you have participated in this survey, thank you very much for your help.

To date, we have collected complete responses from 597individuals, both men and women. These individuals report being members of the ACB, the NFB, both ACB and NFB, or who do not affiliate with any organization of the blind. The respondents also represent a cross-section of society with respect to their having gone to college, received training, involvement in community programs, and participation in the workforce. This means that we are already collecting data from a great cross-section of society, which is a very good thing.

However, for this study to have really meaningful results, we need to reach more blind adults who can share their experiences. This invitation is being sent to you in the hope that you will be willing to share this information with all adults who are blind/visually impaired and who are of working age. Because of your position, you may be able to forward this onto other email lists, read it at your chapter meetings, and share with any other blind/visually impaired adults you may know.

For your convenience, we have two options to complete the survey. They are:

1. Go to www.pdrib.com/ares and complete the survey online.

2. You can contact our office and someone will take your responses over the phone. You can call 318-257-4554, or e-mail dseilhan at latech.edu to make these arrangements.

This survey should not take more than ten minutes of your time. All of your responses will be kept strictly confidential-no information you share will be released about you in any form. This is entirely voluntary, and you may exit out of the survey at any time. Your experiences are very important to us, and if you do exit the survey, your information will not be used, so we appreciate your cooperation.

We cannot thank you enough for your time and attention to our work. For those who do participate in this survey, you will be entered into a drawing where 5 individuals will win a $100 VISA gift card. So, take ten minutes to share your experiences with us and get a chance to win!

Any questions about the survey, contact Dr. Edward Bell, 318-257-4554, ebell at latech.edu.