[Lpobc] Louisiana Parents of Blind Children (LPOBC) membership drive (flyer and forms attached)

Laura Bostick laura.l.bostick at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 19:50:05 UTC 2014

Families, professionals, and friends:

Let's GROW the *Louisiana Parents of Blind Children (LPOBC)* membership
during the NFB's Sprint to 75 effort

September 2nd through November 16th!

Invite a parent, grandparent, teacher, or friend to join today!

*What is LPOBC?*

 Louisiana Parents of Blind Children (LPOBC) works together with the
Louisiana Center for the Blind, the National Federation of the Blind of
Louisiana affiliate, and the National Organization of Parents of Blind
Children to provide yearly seminars focusing on education of our
blind/visually impaired children; to provide contact with other families of
blind/visually impaired children; to provide contact with blind/visually
impaired adults to serve as positive role models; to serve as a source of
information to help families gain understanding and perspective; and to
promote the use of the white cane and braille.

We can provide you and your family with information, resources, and support!
Teachers and professionals are welcome, too, and we hope that you will pass
this information on to the families of your students!

Go to http://www.nfbla.org/pages/parents.html to find our more and to fill
out a membership form.

*What is the **75 Days of Action** Campaign?*

 On November 16, 2014, the National Federation of the Blind will begin our
75th year. For three quarters of a century we have built our movement one
person, one chapter, one victory at a time. But there are thousands of
blind and visually impaired people of every age and background in
communities all across America whose lives have not yet been touched and
transformed by the loving people and powerful philosophy of the National
Federation of the Blind. We know that blindness is not the characteristic
that defines us or our future. We know you can live the life you want. But,
many blind people do not. This is why we are conducting a dynamic campaign
to establish 75 new chapters or divisions and further develop 75 existing
chapters or divisions. The Spirit of 75 effort will take place over 75
days, from September 2nd through November 16th. There can be no better
tribute to the 75 years of the National Federation of the Blind than to
organize at the grassroots. The local chapter and special interest division
is where the work of the Federation gets done. Will you make a personal
commitment of time, talent, and treasure to our 75 Days of Action Campaign?